Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at some ebay listings on c/f exhausts and some of the exhausts are brown. Quick google search led me to people saying the heat, or sun, does this kind of damage. I'm assuming once it's brown, it's too late to turn back huh? In the long run, probably titanium would be a better exhaust? What are your guy's opinions?

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
Could be from the sun, or also the packing inside has burned down, and the heat "cooked" the CF a bit. It's only cosmetic in the end, if the packing is burned though, it's probably louder than it was meant to be, but as far as performance, #1 it's just a slip'on, and #2 you don't lose anything, or harm the engine in anyway... It's just a bit ugly IMO...

·
Registered
832 Posts
I can't say I have ever seen brown carbon fiber. All of my stuff and other carbon I have seen turns a lighter grey. Can you post pictures?

·
Registered
832 Posts
That's not a good price for that used can.
Doesn't seem that bad for a Leo. I don't think they came clear coated so that is why it looks lighter than new carbon fiber. A good clear coat and a little metal polish would bring it back to life. $180 to your door is a pretty good deal if he will take the offer.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Or just get a brand new Delkevic for about the same price. Their CF is clear coated so you shouldn't have to worry about discoloration.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts