Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How good a movie is “The Dark Knight Rises”?

Sounds like if you liked the first two you’ll like this one. Better than the firsts, not as good as the second with the same strengths and weaknesses is was what I got from the formal reviews. Does that about cover it?

·
BANNED!!!
4,805 Posts
Seeing it in IMAX was worth the 12 bucks. Now they have these seats that move and sht...dunno. Apparently it seemed like you have assigned seating..so I just did regular imax instead.

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
it was awesomez!

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
Saw it and I loved it. I wasn't sure that I'd like Bane's voice at first but I think it worked for the character.
If you want to see Tom Hardy in another sinister role, check out "Bronson".

·
Administrator
11,044 Posts
LOVED IT!!!!

It has lots of references to the first one, so it might be worth watching it before you go to the movies.

·
Premium Member
4,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have the first two as cheap bought DVDs, cause I'm cheap.

Did the same with the Expendables.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
The ending is how all epic series should end!!! Never saw that coming but I wanted to stand up and cheer!!!!! Bruce Wayne/Batman RIP!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Good movie, not as good as the first two. There are lots of story problems that are frustrating enough that the little details bugged me. Things I overlooked in the first two because the story was so good became glaring problems in TDKR.

·
Premium Member
4,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So he gets it in the end? (and you wanted to cheer?)

Maybe. Haven't seen the movie but in "The Dark Knight Returns" graphic novel (Frank Miller) Batman dies in the end and his identity is revealed. Except he doesn't, the final panes have his heart starting to beat again in the coffin the message being he going to start his life again free of being either the Batman or Bruce Wayne.

You simply don't know what the ending is yet.

Oh, and Miller wrote a classic.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I thought it was well put together for a trilogy. I do hope no one decides to spin off a 4th installment. This is by far of one of the best comic to big screen depictions I have seen so far, especially for a trilogy. I will agree, the Dark Knight is the best of the three. They are all worth watching though. Make sure to watch them chronologically if you have not done so. There is a lot that ties back to the first movie.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts