Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
currently I have a 2006 sv1K I'm concidering getting a naked 650 for mountian twisties only. I'm gonna keep the 1K for a daily driver. I was wondering if I could get some insight on whether I'll be dissapointed or should I consider another bike for this duty. Thanks in advance for your replies.

P.S. I wanna say thanks for the wealth of information on this site I can't seem to stay off of it lol thats a good think though.

· OberKommandant
12,382 Posts
I have both in the garage and my opinion is that the 650 is definitley easier to go fast through the tight twisties on, not necesarily because it's lighter and more nimble (it is, but not so much as to make a whole lot of difference) but because it's more forgiving, it doesn't require the finesse that the 1k requires. I don't think you'll be disappointed at all.

· Registered
5,789 Posts
I once entertained going to the SV1000 from my 650, but after a coule test rides, the 650 is better overall. THe SV1000 would be good for touring.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.