Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done a white SVS?

I was thinking about going with white paint on my bike as well as white rims, I did a search on google and this site for anyone who has done the same other than the white Naked that one user has done.

I have the 2003 model so the frame and other parts that would be black on a newer model are (silver), I'm wondering how well this will look with white paint.

Also any estimates on how much it would cost and how long it would take if I were to take it to a professional paint shop?

Tail fairing, tank, front fairing and front fender.

·
Registered
720 Posts
fluke's bike is white, and so is acssurveyor iirc

as for estimates, the range is HUGE. There's a guy on the local CL who does it for $100/piece, which for a naked is pretty cheap. I'd say a good estimate is between $500-1000 to have it done.

·
Premium Member
2,740 Posts
tonyjuliano did it with his 03 (or 04) SVS, silver frame.
HoneyD also has it with her 03 SVS.
Honey D's is factory though.

fluke's bike is white, and so is acssurveyor iirc

as for estimates, the range is HUGE. There's a guy on the local CL who does it for $100/piece, which for a naked is pretty cheap. I'd say a good estimate is between $500-1000 to have it done.
These are nakeds. Not S models.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, is it me or does 500-1000 seem a bit high?
I could probably cover each piece a couple of times with one gallon of white paint.
of course I would need primer and clear coat, I think I'll just have to do this one myself.

are there any spare 03 fuel tanks floating around that I could buy for cheap?... doesn't have to look good just has to function.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well the guy that had it before me actually laid it over, so there is what he called a "hickie" on the left side of the gas tank which has rusted as well as a small dent on the right. Also there is some small scratches in the front and back fairing.

I've talked to several people and they say that matching the copper color is going to be extremely hard. My only other option was to paint it a whole new color.

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
Well the guy that had it before me actually laid it over, so there is what he called a "hickie" on the left side of the gas tank which has rusted as well as a small dent on the right. Also there is some small scratches in the front and back fairing.

I've talked to several people and they say that matching the copper color is going to be extremely hard. My only other option was to paint it a whole new color.
ok.

another one bites the dust :'(

signed,

copper haver

hey, did the left side tail piece survive? I may be willing to trade you a slightly rashed one and some cash.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea, everything survived. nothing I can't buff out. However I'm hoping to get everything done in a weekend at my dads.

Anyone ever sanded and painted in 3 days?

Any recommended grit on the plastic?

·
Registered
284 Posts
I have a white 2g SVS, but it's an 06 with black frame and black wheels.

White bike, white wheels, and silver frame sounds like it would look a bit odd, but I've never seen one :p

Bigger

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
there is a direct relationship to time spent sanding and quality of the paint job.

·
Registered
785 Posts
there is a direct relationship to time spent sanding and quality of the paint job.
depends on who is doing the prep and paint...

1 - 20 of 51 Posts