Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an Ohlins dual chamber steering dampener and want to mount it. But this is the catch, I want to mount it the way it was mounted on the ZX-10. So I plan on fabricating the mounts in 7075 or 6061T6.

So yes I want it on top of the top clamp, using the tank bolts. I have ideas from seeing the Scotts components.

Just curious if any one has done this.....

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the Ohlins dual chamber.......

the scots mount gave me an idea.

Want to know if any one has mounted the piston type on top using the tank screws.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have an Ohlins that I got off another svrider and he had it top mounted, only problem was that I have tank risers and he did not. I have pics of the mount he had on it. ( I am getting another one made with the reduced height from risers right now). Do you have tank risers? I wonder if you got this problem solved or not. I would be interested to see what you did. I am getting a couple mounts made in case I hear of anyone else with this set up.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yes I have mine mounted to the tank bolts using a GSXR top mount for the ohlins. They are like 50 bones, but it works great. I would take a pic but I dont own a camera. Maybe someone in the Columbus OH area can come take one.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Look in my gallery, there is a pic of what you describe. I have a different front end on mine but it may give you some idea of whay you could try to fab yourself.

John

1 - 12 of 12 Posts