Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No matter what they have, people will find a way to race.
I knew there's small road racing going on in Korea, but I didn't know about this.
Very amazing.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Say it "Babo".
:lol:

Maybe they just can't afford it.
Motorcycle gears are very, very expensive in Korea.
When I was in Korea, for the first 11 years all I had was a(real cheap) helmet.
No wonder I burned my leg twice from exhaust...
:roll:

·
Registered
124 Posts
which is why you see tons of squids :p

You can buy a decents bike for like 300-400$ (probably stolen though) but not gear (The helmets are HUGE, but then maybe I just have a tiny head). Although police almost never pull you over on a motorcycle so you don't need a license, registration or helmet.

I wish I had a digital camera. Yesterday I saw three highschool boys riding 3-up on an RC-51.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DJ_Saunter said:
I wish I had a digital camera. Yesterday I saw three highschool boys riding 3-up on an RC-51.
You serious???
That, something you don't see everyday.
Must be rich kids.
:shock:

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
DJ_Saunter said:

Although police almost never pull you over on a motorcycle so you don't need a license, registration or helmet.
move to texas. We get tickets all the time. And oh, if you run, you'd better take care cause the motorola will kick your ass in speed everyday.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
DJ_Saunter said:

You can buy a decents bike for like 300-400$ (probably stolen though) but not gear (The helmets are HUGE, but then maybe I just have a tiny head). Although police almost never pull you over on a motorcycle so you don't need a license, registration or helmet.
I've been out of the country for about 5 years, so you probably are right.
But when I was there, if you don't wear helmet you did get pull over.
That's how most of my police chases started.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Maybe it's different being a foreigner and knowing next to no Korean.

I know a lot of foreigners that bought bikes here and never get licensed. You almost always get waved through police checks. If they say anything, repeating "Mu-lai-yo" (I don't know) solves your problems :)

When I rented motorcycles, they never asked for a license or anything and then they looked surprised when I asked for a helmet (they always gave me these 3 dollar, made in China, plastic, open face helmets with styrofoam inside and no padding :shock: )

But you're right about the helmets. Speeding on sidewalks is OK but whenever there's a police car, you see all the teenagers on sportbikes with no helmet pulling U-turns.

I do like seeing the squid/prostitute coffee girls ride around on their scooters in skimpy outfits :D .

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Abe Froman said:
#19 obviously never delivered food in Seoul for extra cash... :) (Sorry, that's all I think of when I see a scooter - food delivery and the coffee girls....)
Nice, nice.
Very nice.
:lol:

·
Registered
124 Posts
:?

·
Registered
71 Posts
You've obviously never seen "Full Metal Jacket" it's a Vietnam film made by Stanley Kubrick...that scene is where the famous line "me love you long time" came from.

...I can see where it could be offensive when taken out of context, or any way for that matter. I think he posted it because the prostitute rides up on a scooter with her pimp.

...what do you get for $5? "aneeting you woah"

1 - 20 of 28 Posts