Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2000 SV650 N
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be tied up most of tomorrow, so I wanted to wish everyone an early Happy Thanksgiving. We had our Turkey Day last weekend because my daughter was in town, and will be out tomorrow. So we will not be serving turkey again tomorrow. Our plans include having company over early, then spending the night night with family. For a change-up I will be making Peking Duck, with the standard Chinese pancakes, spring onions, cucumber and three sauces. On the side we will have pork fried rice, and assorted stir-fried Chinese vegetables.

What are your Turkey Day plans? Do any of you non-US citizens do anything (Strat, Skywalker, Kiwi, Alex, etc.)? As an aside, my wife's German family celebrate Thanksgiving in Hamburg, with turkey and all the trimmings ever since we were married 20 years ago. LOL

Sky Bird Vertebrate Gesture Musical instrument

Reactions: NOLABOB

·
Registered
2000 SV650 N
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, and we are having turkey carcass gumbo tonight. So, by Friday, we will be thoroughly done with fowl.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Enjoy that Peking duck, sounds delicious! We don't observe it down here but we're aware of it, sometimes the travel chaos of everyone trying to get home for it in bad weather makes the news lol.

·
Super Moderator
10,525 Posts
.. Our plans include having company over early, then spending the night night with family. For a change-up I will be making Peking Duck, with the standard Chinese pancakes, spring onions, cucumber and three sauces. On the side we will have pork fried rice, and assorted stir-fried Chinese vegetables.
Sounds delicious, Geo.

We always do the same old Turkey but, hmm, maybe next year we will do something more inspired. : -)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts