Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After laying her down, the handlebar was warped. SO i need to replace it. Although the stock is ok, would you recommend any aftermarket handlebars that would improve the riding position and/or looks of the sv?

·
Premium Member
1,634 Posts
If you have the nekid one the try the suburban machinery link on the left of the main page. They offer some cool options to get a sporty had position for the sv,and they advertise here . I always try to support those who support us.

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
If you have a naked, the Bikemaster Daytona is a great bar, and under $20 black or chrome (a little more rise than stock, and not as much drop on the hand pos, more leverage)

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Nothing finer then SM bars on the naked SV. Closer to clip-on's then anything else and makes the bike feel a whole lot better.

==> http://www.suburban-machinery.com/sv650.htm

I only wish I had gotten the type 1 bars instead of the 2s. I have long arms and like to lean foward and tuck.

:)

·
Registered
597 Posts
Nexus242 said:
Nothing finer then SM bars on the naked SV. Closer to clip-on's then anything else and makes the bike feel a whole lot better.

I only wish I had gotten the type 1 bars instead of the 2s. I have long arms and like to lean foward and tuck.

You know there are plenty of people here that would take those Type 2's off your hands if you wanted to go for the type 1's.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
I'm looking really hard at LSL bars from Spiegler or the Coerce bars. They both run about $60 so they are cheaper than the SM bars and not quite as aggressive. The stock bend just doesn't suite me so I want something different.

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
Coop said:
I'm looking really hard at LSL bars from Spiegler or the Coerce bars. They both run about $60 so they are cheaper than the SM bars and not quite as aggressive. The stock bend just doesn't suite me so I want something different.
Take it from an ex-moto/enduro racer, the Bikemaster Daytonas are the ones you want, and no cable changout!. Stock cables are long enough. They make the bikes steering feel much lighter and flickable. just cut an inch off each end to bring em into 29". Trust me, and if you are wrong it was only $16 bucks to find out. I would do this before investing in $ 60-80 high end moto bars. They will give you 2" more rise,and 1" less pullback than the stock bars. Nice upright, high manuverability position. You can get them at most cycle shops or online. JMO.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Thanks man I'll check those out. I am used to dirtbikes too and since the SV has an upright riding position I don't have the feel I want with the stock bars. Those might be just what I am looking for.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone. The thing is i am looking for a slightly more upright position, i think it will give more comfort and a greater sense that of an older touring bike, ya kno. I just wanted to see what is some of your guy's favourites so hopefully ill find something that fits me.
Thank you thank you :)

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
check out dirt bike bars. you can get them pretty tall. only problem is they tend not to have as much sweep as street bars. but if you have longer arms like i do its not so big a deal.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Nexus242 said:
Nothing finer then SM bars on the naked SV.   Closer to clip-on's then anything else and makes the bike feel a whole lot better.

Thank you Nex. I have been looking for those bars. Maritan told me what they were, but I couldnt remember. Those will be going on my bike soon!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts