Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to swap out the stock handlebars on my SV650. I want something black instead of the chrome look. I was going to maybe do some Renthal Fatbars or Pro Taper EVO's but can't find any 1 1/8" bar mounts.

Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
183 Posts
I went with some pro taper Carmichael bars for a while but in standard 7/8" check around different dirt bike shops for fat bar mounts, all my local places stock them.

·
Premium Member
3,229 Posts
or you could just check out the Bikemaster selection of 7/8" bars. They have several different bends and styles in a glossy black finish.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I use bikemaster daytona bars on my 08 sv650n. They are 7/8" bars and I flipped them over so they are down low like having clip ons, I'm enjoying it so far. I had the bars turned all the way up to begin with and it was a very comfortable position. The bikemaster bars are all cheap as well, about 20 dollars when I bought mine.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
fat bar adapter kits are in the dirt area of any catalog...around $34.95...

now that will also raise the bars another 3/4", or, cruz evilbay for some Moose, Easton, etc, fat bar risers that bolt to the triple, need at least 4" to centerline of clamp.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Weird thing happened after a trackday. My wifes bars bent from stock N position all the way down to a clubman position. Did I tighten down too much or are the bikemaster bars that cheap?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts