Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just about done with my handlebar conversion (s-n) and the last part needed is handlebars - definitely want black, 7/8" bars. I am looking at the Bikemaster Daytona OR the Bikemaster superbike bars. I am looking for a more comfortable position, but also like to ride semi-aggressively and I'm afraid if I go with the Daytona bars, I may lose too much handling. I have been riding with clipons for the last 6 years. Any insight or suggestions are appreciated, and like most everyone on here, cost plays a big part in which parts I can buy (stupid mortgage payment!).

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
I had on Daytona bars for a couple of weeks. I really liked them initially (very natural position and makes the bike easy to handle in traffic), but after a few commutes (work is about 45 miles away), I find that my tailbone was starting to hurt. Too upright for me.

The stock bars are actually pretty good. They gave me an upright position, but not too upright, so that I can still take corners with a little more enthusiasm.

I now have 2.5" rise Swatt clip ons, and I think they're perfect. They are lower than the stock bars, but not too much lower.

If I got back to bars, I think I'd stick with the stock bars.

tk

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
I have a brand new set of bikemaster Daytona bars in black with the tag still on them. Make me an offer and they are yours.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I understand that you need to cut an inch or so off the ends of the Daytona bars, in order for cables and wires to reach. What exactly do the bar end weights screw into? Is there a threaded end on the handlebars that's deep enough to cut part of it off?

I have a brand new set of bikemaster Daytona bars in black with the tag still on them
Why did you change your mind?

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
The bar end weights just have a rubber piece that expands when tightened. The bars are hollow all the way through. I just decided that my crappy riding wasn't due to my bars but more due to my crappy body position. I wanted to regain some of the leverage I lost when I went to drag bars but I decided to keep what I have.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Coerce Hyperbars. They're available in black. They're lower than stock. They're lightweight aluminum. I had a set on my bike but took them off for SM1's.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I've got MX bars on my bike right now. They feel a bit wide to me. I'm gonna start looking for some new bar options. I want to keep my comfortable riding position I have with the rise on the bars I've got, but want to narrow it up by a bit.

Maybe some clip-ons with the risers that are out there.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I've got MX bars on my bike right now. They feel a bit wide to me. I'm gonna start looking for some new bar options. I want to keep my comfortable riding position I have with the rise on the bars I've got, but want to narrow it up by a bit.

Maybe some clip-ons with the risers that are out there.

Cut the ends off.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Decided to try the Bikemaster superbike bars - they should be here for the weekend... Hopefully all goes back together properly and these bars work out. thanks for the opinions!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Out of the aftermarket bars mentioned in this thread, which one of them is the same width & height (or very close to) the OEM N bars? I am short and don't want anything wider, but would like something that is more upright than S clip ons. Saving $$ by aftermarket bars vs N bars is also nice :)

·
Registered
161 Posts
I had on Daytona bars for a couple of weeks. I really liked them initially (very natural position and makes the bike easy to handle in traffic), but after a few commutes (work is about 45 miles away), I find that my tailbone was starting to hurt. Too upright for me.

The stock bars are actually pretty good. They gave me an upright position, but not too upright, so that I can still take corners with a little more enthusiasm.

I now have 2.5" rise Swatt clip ons, and I think they're perfect. They are lower than the stock bars, but not too much lower.

If I got back to bars, I think I'd stick with the stock bars.

tk
Do the SWATT clipons require longer cables and lines than the stock S lines.
Like to see a pic of them if you have one.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts