Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello knowledgeable gents and ladies,

I'm traveling from San Francisco to New York and back in June and I was hoping to solicit some advice regarding handlebars. I'm riding my 2006s, but am putting the N top triple etc. on for the trip. I was going to just get some stock SVn bars, but I've been told that there are manymany options available that might work better for me and my touring plans (and possibly cheaper). I was also told to try out other SVs with handlebars, but have run short on time (and everyone I know with a nekid SV seems to have switched to clipons). I am 5'9," too cheap to buy new rearsets, and planning on mostly highway/moderate twisties (little/no off-roading). Any of you about the same height with the same purpose that could tell me what has worked for you? Thanks! :)
em

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi,
I put on a set of TAG bars a few months ago in anticipation of touring. They feel great and have a bit of extra width. I do have a bit of throttle-rev at full-lock left but nothing scary, just an occasional rise when in neutral. They also look good and have a dirt-bike style reinforcement bar. Came with a cushion that I left off. Don't remember the price, ~$50-60?
The upright position matched with a Givi flyscreen seems to work well. 500 mile round trip last week with no wrist fatigue (did get a nice speeding ticket, though).

Columbanus

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
See this link for potential gotchas. You many not have problems, but beware, especially if short on time.
http://forum.svrider.com/showpost.php?p=1458151&postcount=1
Cool! My first referral! LOL!

Yup, bar mods can become nightmares quickly, I'm finding out. I'm somewhat resurrecting the project by making it a S => N conversion (you need both top and bottom triples, BTW, not just the top) and uisng drag bars (assuming they will drop down past the top triple). Otherwise I may have to go with the SM Type 2 bars (at a much higher price).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts