Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the stock handlebar part number 56111-17G10 is for the chrome or black version? I have the chrome now and want to change to the black.

·
Super Moderator
6,844 Posts
I'd assume it's chrome. I didn't think they ever came with black bars.

Check out Bikemaster for similar black bars at a much lower price. I have black Daytona bars on my 2nd Gen, and they have a much more comfortable pullback than the stock bar and are as high as you can go without extending the brake lines.

I put black Superbike bar on a 1st Gen I had, and it was similar in height to the original but also more comfortable for me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just checked out the Daytona bar. The specs say it's 824mm wide. That's 32.5". The spec on the stock 2nd Gen SV bar is 26". That's quite a bit wider. I'd go to 28" at the most for me.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I just checked out the Daytona bar. The specs say it's 824mm wide. That's 32.5". The spec on the stock 2nd Gen SV bar is 26". That's quite a bit wider. I'd go to 28" at the most for me.
Too long is not an issue as you can trim to size. Too short and your are screwed.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,844 Posts
I cut mine down quite a bit - but I didn't think they came that much wider than stock.

I almost cut too much, as the clamps for the levers are just about on the bend of the bar Another 1/4" and I would have had problems - so you need to go slow and pay attention to the controls when trimming the bars.

I'll see if I can put my hands on the stock bars and check how wide they are, but 26" seems too narrow.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I may just try to paint them black. I know chrome is tricky to paint but maybe if I sand them down enough.

·
Super Moderator
6,844 Posts
Chrome is very hard, and sanding doesn't work well. We media blast chrome parts with a fairly soft, but sharp, media to give it a frosted appearance before cleaning and powder coating.

Paint over sanded chrome isn't going to hold up well.

You are way ahead just buying a BikeMaster bar. They aren't expensive and the finish is very durable.

I can do all my own work and powder coating for free, and I wouldn't bother.

·
Registered
74 Posts
i would go with fatbars, renthal or lsl...but thats me
yeap, paint on chrome wont work.
or as mentioned ...bike master if you wanna go easy on your wallet

1 - 9 of 9 Posts