Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,

trying to change handlebars, oem allen bolts are in there real real tight so before i go to sears and get an allen attachment for my driver, does anyone on here know the exact size of the oem bolts that hold the handlebars on?

thank you

charlie

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Or were you looking for thread pitch and all that? I wouldn't blame you for replacing these bolts with some made of metal, they strip real easy like so go gentle on them. Sorry I don't have that info for you, but someone might.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
if its a gen 2 they should be 6mm, mine are. before wrenching really hard on them, if you have an impact gun it would be good to use that instead. I have gotten mine on pretty good without problem, but I snapped an exhaust bolt head off and that was a 6mm too, WICKED pain to get out (ok my good buddy got it out, but there was much drama)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey all
thanks for the replies. 6mm is what it was. Them little *******s were on there real tight but i got them. Took the advice and bought a 3/8 assortment of hex drivers. Risers are now in really liking the more relaxed feel of the bike now.

Thanks again.

charlie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts