Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all I am close to buying my first sv :). It is a 2005s converted to a street fighter front. I have a question though, what are good handle risers to buy so I am more upright? And what are some suspension modifications that ppl usually add to their SV's? Also what type frame sliders should I add and what about sliders on the handle bars?

Thank you

·
Registered
240 Posts
For the risers, measure the ones on the bike and go buy ones that are a touch taller also the handle bar itself can change your position, another thing to keep in mind!

Most change the rear shock to a ZX10r shock, do a quick search on here to find out more!

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Right now it had clipons on it? If so you'll need to either drill the top triple clamp or replace both triple clamps with the ones from a naked model.

I swapped out my front end for a GSXR one, pretty much anything 01+ will bolt up. You'll need to do something to get the speedometer to work but otherwise it should all work. I then drilled the GSXR top triple clamp to fit handlebars, I used some risers and handlebars off some random dirtbike. On a 2nd gen, the 04/05 600/750 front end is very popular because it gives you a normal steering lock.

As said, a ZX10 shock should work well depending on your weight.

Most people say to get Motosliders, I got some cheap knockoffs from ebay. Something like this, may have been a different company but Delrin is pretty easy. http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Black-F...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3378fd920c&vxp=mtr I have tested both sides with no issues related to them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
What does this mean...exactly?
"It is a 2005s converted to a street fighter front."
Does that mean the bodywork and headlight is a 'naked' model setup? Or does it also have the handlebar setup of the naked model vs. the clip-ons of the "S" (faired) model?

If you still have the clip-on setup from the "S" model, you can go with helibars or convertibars for a more upright riding position. Also, Blair at http://www.svracingparts.com/ sells some clip-ons that fit the 41mm fork tubes and they raise up the clip-ons 2.5" or 3.5" higher (you pick), which would be much more comfortable than the OEM setup.

If you already have the "naked" version handlebar setup (i.e., NOT clip ons) you can either get extended risers to raise the handlebar you have (google: SV GenMar Handle Bar Risers) OR you can buy a different handlebar with more rise to it.

As for frame sliders, I'll pass on answering that. I agree w/the earlier post that said most "delrin" sliders are pretty much the same. Any of them should serve your needs if the bike falls over.

Congrats on your new-to-you purchase. SVs are great, fun bikes.
Michael in Aurora, CO

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No it's the "S" model that was converted to a naked. It's an 05, the handle bars are stock. Thank you guys for the advice!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Sorry guys here you go, and I know if I want a rear seat I'd have to change the subframe and rear tail. Shouldn't be too difficult I read. Right? lol

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
post was deleted

1 - 10 of 10 Posts