Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
As the title suggests, I'm wondering if it's possible to get hand guards that'll work with my bar-end mirrors. Anybody here done that? Got pics to share? Also, if I were to replace my grips with Oxford heated ones, that means I have to to ditch the end mirrors, right? Or, at least, find something else that is compatible.

Also -- I bought the bike a bit over a year ago with those mirrors on it, and haven't thought too much about them, but I notice that very few SV's have that. Is it just an aesthetic thing? (I live in California and split lanes on the freeways / city streets pretty regularly during my work commute, and it doesn't seem to affect me too much. If my mirror slaps somebody else's [which has happened once], I'm being way too aggressive anyway in my splitting.)

Thanks!
JK

·
Registered
181 Posts
These hand guards (fitted to my Triumph Scrambler) would work fine with bar end mirrors:

As you may see, they don’t interfere with the bar ends at all:

... and on the brake side:

The hand guards were unbranded Chinese from eBay that cost about £17 (around $20) delivered. They work fine (although someone will surely say that all Chinese manufactured accessories are rubbish etc).

I don’t think Oxford heated grips would stop you using the bar end mirrors either. I have the grips on the Scrambler and have retained the standard Triumph bar end weights, which fix in exactly the same way as they do on my SV650S (K6) - and I assume that is how your bar end mirrors are fixed.

I hope that is useful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
MOTORADOR
10,810 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts