Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone done it?

I'm thinking about it once I replace my current mirrors.

My bike has MSR bars on it, basically dirtbike bars.

Also has an Acerbis Blitz headlight on the front too.

I want them more for added protection than looks, but I also think they might look kinda cool on the bike.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Yep lots of folks have done it. You can try searching, there are quite a few posts.

I have DL650 (V-Strom) hand guards on my SV. I doubt they would offer protection, except from the wind, which they do quite well.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I have the Cycra Stealth hand guards (more like wind deflectors, as they're not all that strong, but all I wanted them for was wind). I had to get a shim kit from Lockitt.com when I bought my Heaterz heated grips, as I didn't have enough room for the controls and the clamp for the wind deflectors. The extra space made all the difference. And in fact, I think the wind deflectors make MORE of a difference than the heated grips.

·
Premium Member
2,654 Posts
i had to grind a little bit off of part of the clutch perch. its a little tight fit, but it works. the gaurds will hit the dash, but its right at lock, so not alot of steeting reduction. i like the powermadds because of the 'removable' wind block

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
I put on a pair of cycra hand guards I bought for $35 at the cyclegear store here in town. I had to narrow up the composite brackets for them to fit between the levers and switches but they came out ok, I also slotted the holes where the guards screw onto the brackets so that I could angle them up to get rid of the sad droopy look you get when you put them on clipons.

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
I've got a set of guards I'm going to install - however, I'm going to have to grind down my brake lever for it to clear the guard.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts