Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 13151 Posts

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well since it appears the last thread went into the never never land of the internet we will start a new one.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh yah almost forgot to post my experiences with the sport bike class.

In a nut shell it was boring. The instructors were cool and we had a great time, but the riding portion just didn't do it for me. I continually kept getting stuck behind the sloooooooooow riders. One guy in particular seemed to be more worried about how he looked laying on the tank (at all times) that actually taking a curve at more than 10 mph. I kept riding up his bum, but the instructors did nothing except tell me to mind my distance.

One end of the range was good, but the other had these dips that would dramatically upset the bike and made it extremely difficult to navigate some of the turns. Of course I was the only one on anything other than an I4. The engine braking was a nice touch not having to actually use the brakes when I would enter a turn. I would simply roll out of the throttle a little bit and enter the curve basically with the throttle in its new position and never had to move it until I was exiting the curve. Made for some nice smooth riding.

All in all it was a day off of work, but I think the course does not serve its intended purpose and will not make one bit of difference in the number of incidents/deaths the Navy and Marine Corps experience.

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
No, but it will end up as bullets in a whole lot of officers OER's (or whatever the Naval equivelant to our Officer Evaluation Report is). :p

Good to hear that it wasn't horrible. :)

And Slave fessed up in the Richmond thread. He erased us.

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glad to see that the mods here do not communicate at all. Reminds me of my chain of command.

Ranger basically did the same thing the last time. At least she had the decency to re-start the thread for us.

Oh and we call them FITREPS which is short for fitness reports.

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
Glad to see that the mods here do not communicate at all. Reminds me of my chain of command.

Ranger basically did the same thing the last time. At least she had the decency to re-start the thread for us.

Oh and we call them FITREPS which is short for fitness reports.
In his defense, he was purging everything over 45 days old in the regional forum. He wiped out alot of peoples long running threads, not just ours.

When Ranger erased us, she only erased us. :(

Ehhh, it don't matter. Give it a few months and it will be a giant gorilla, bogging down the server again. ;D

Oh and FITREPS/OER's....either way they are saying look at me!!! Look what I am vainly trying to take credit for!!! Oh, and I won't be mentioning all the times that I royally screwed the pooch.

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
haha I thought I was the only one that still said screwed the pooch. Does that make me old like you?
LOL

I was quoted yesterday saying "Jiminy Crickets"... Guess that ain't much better than screwing the pooch...
I use both of those on a regular basis, although, when I say it, I say "Jimminy Christmas". I use the old man phrases in place of profanities.

Yes....you are both old, just like me. :)

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts
I guess we will all find our way back together regardless of how many times we have to start out thread over again. Although that really sucks. I guess maybe we talk to much. LOL

Speaking of getting together. So, HARSH....you're definitely not going to make it to the Vici/Duck party?

Not sure if anyone was interested in riding tomorrow. Maybe finding superbike road. I've got the name this time, so I'm going to have it googled. I might need to adjust a few things on the bike tomorrow too. Ever since riding the Blackbird, my bike feels like sh!t:-( Could just be the adjustment. Hopefully I fall back in love with her tomorrow:D

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't mind them cleaning house, it is just the constant lack of courtesy in which they do it. I mean how hard would it be to make some posts or a global PM as an admin stating that on X day they will be removing old info and if you need something save it.

Unfortunately I will not be able to attend the party.

As much as I would love to go for a ride I have work to do tomorrow. Between duty over the weekends and the rain the last two Saturdays I haven't been able to do a lot of wood working. Tomorrow I am hoping to finish the cut outs for the counter tops. It would be a lot easier if I was able to gut the kitchen, but I can't afford to eat out that much.

·
Registered
13,319 Posts
<----- Hey HR people... as you can tell by my post count, I'm new here. So no reason to call me a muthaf-ckin' post whore anymore! :rolleyes:

ANYWAY...

Just checking in from down here. Didn't rain all day... although kind of sprinkled and misted... at one point I looked outside... [Ollie Williams]RAININ' SIDEWAYS!!![/Ollie Williams]. I informed the appropriate authorities.

Rode up to Corolla and saw the Currituck Lighthouse. I learned 2 things. 1) Salt air makes by my mirrors foggy, and my goggles too. :( and 2). Everyone from Duck, North, are stuck-up pompous a--holes who seem to be very annoyed at anyone on a motorbike. Even the art galleries were snooty to me. It was unpleasant. I'm finally beginning to understand the racist plight of the white man. :p

Well, we're going to be eating soon. Giant bowl of spagetti, eaten at a 15' long table, with the sound of crashing waves roaring outside.

I will sleep like a baby again tonight, although it's by myself, no thanks to several people. :(

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey Mike...I worked on the cable for your gloves today. There was only one thing I was slightly worried about. I had continuity, but there was a lot of resistance in one of the lines. So I split the "Y" adapter in half to get a better look. The solder job they did on the wires was crappy and you had what we call a cold solder joint. I re-flowed all of the solder joints and put it back together as neatly as I could. Obviously it doesn't look like it came from the factory, but it isn't crappy either. All that said I honestly think your problem is somewhere else.

Oh yah about your post count. I noticed it yesterday. Even with your zero posts you still showed up on the home page as the top poster. I just went back and looked and Nexus now has that honor.

·
Registered
13,319 Posts
Hey Mike...I worked on the cable for your gloves today. There was only one thing I was slightly worried about. I had continuity, but there was a lot of resistance in one of the lines. So I split the "Y" adapter in half to get a better look. The solder job they did on the wires was crappy and you had what we call a cold solder joint. I re-flowed all of the solder joints and put it back together as neatly as I could. Obviously it doesn't look like it came from the factory, but it isn't crappy either. All that said I honestly think your problem is somewhere else.

Oh yah about your post count. I noticed it yesterday. Even with your zero posts you still showed up on the home page as the top poster. I just went back and looked and Nexus now has that honor.
Ok. It was worth a try I guess. I'll give it a shot and see if it works now. Through surveyor testing (me with my little light-bulb tester thingy), I narrowed it down to the wire, and not the gloves or battery connector. And as long as the wire is 1 plug at one end, and then splices off to 2 other connectors, that's all I need.

As for Nex having the post lead. Good... maybe people will leave me the f-ck alone now. Sh-t was gettin' real old, real quick. :mad: Like nobody else has a hobby.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Yay, a new thread. (Can you see my level of enthusiasm?)

Getting ready to go for test run 1 on my halloween costume.

And I made sausage balls today, and they ROCKED.

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
Not sure if anyone was interested in riding tomorrow. Maybe finding superbike road. I've got the name this time, so I'm going to have it googled. I might need to adjust a few things on the bike tomorrow too. Ever since riding the Blackbird, my bike feels like sh!t:-( Could just be the adjustment. Hopefully I fall back in love with her tomorrow:D
I might be riding tomorrow morning, but if I do, I will only be gone for two...three hours at the most.

I also need to change some oil and go and get some pumpkins and do some yardwork too. I don't think that I am going to get everything done tomorrow. :(

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I might be riding tomorrow morning, but if I do, I will only be gone for two...three hours at the most.

I also need to change some oil and go and get some pumpkins and do some yardwork too. I don't think that I am going to get everything done tomorrow. :(
If my rear wheel makes it back on my bike (and I'm not hungover) I might be up for a ride tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 13151 Posts