Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

41 - 60 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Welcome to the site Duane. Lots of good guys and good info.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
would be up for a group ride for sure..
\

Good to know. I am still putting my bike back together, hoping in june we will have some better weather and maybe we can get some shorter rides in. I will keep all posted:vroom:.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Hello. Nice place. I've been there for a few rides. If you are ever in the halifax area on the weekend let me know. Might be able to get out for a ride.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Anyone else here as excited as I am about good weather tomorrow?

I'm a total n00b, and my SV650 is my first bike. Just got it 2 weeks ago and finally have it registered. The plate is on the bike, and I'm absolutely pumped about getting it on the road for a ride!

·
Registered
3 Posts
New here! Picked up my 05' SV650S roughly two weeks ago, I'm located in Halifax however I will probably be located in Dartmouth again soon.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Welcome all here to the site. A lot of good info and a lot of good folks. Hopefully we will all be able to meet during a ride this summer. Try to plan at least one. Always a good way to meet those of like minds. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
I absolutely agree. It'd be great. One shorter ride might be to meet up around Burnside and head through to Lawrencetown Beach, if we want to stay on the Dartmouth side. Otherwise, we could head toward Peggy's Cove, along the Lighthouse Route. Some great roads and good scenery.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
344 Posts
Welcome aboard guys

We often do the Peggys Cove run, sometimes to Lunenburg.
Lots of options for rides though, lots of good locations to try if we want to shake things up

Now to wait for better temps... a new battery and probably front pads....

·
Registered
344 Posts
I'm up for a run sometime soon.....
Need to manage time with my new obsession.....
Yak fishing :)

Now...where's Drew ?

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Cool... I used to kayak a lot more before my first daughter came along, and we were on a lakefront.

Let me know what's good. A run to Peggy's Cove or Wolfville might make for a fun ride.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome all here to the site. A lot of good info and a lot of good folks. Hopefully we will all be able to meet during a ride this summer. Try to plan at least one. Always a good way to meet those of like minds. :thumbsup:
Any plans of this happening? Just got an 06 a couple weeks ago and im in clayton park.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Here's a question. I remember riders regularly hanging out and showing off their bikes at the Ferry Terminal loop on Thursday or Friday nights a few years ago. That doesn't seem to happen anymore.

Is there a regular spot in HRM where guys do that now?

·
Registered
344 Posts
I don't know if anyone does that these days. The SpeedJunkie guys were meeting up in Cole Harbour somewhere on occasion. You can always find a group of bikes at the Tims in Fall River, especially weekends. Haven't been keeping track of it. Been usually just commuting, and missing the social side of it.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
We need to plan a ride. I'm on vacation right now. To say I'm missing my SV would be an understatement.

I'm back on the 19th. Maybe we can organize something for the morning of Saturday, July 30. I have it in mind to meet at the Tim's on Lacewood Drive and head out to Peggy's Cove along the Lighthouse Route for lunch, and then back by the highway.

Any takers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
344 Posts
I'm off to Ingonish that weekend. Wifes family thing.
That's close to the route we often take.......

Oddly quiet, and no word from Drew...... may have to dig up his email and give him a shout....

41 - 60 of 94 Posts