Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Damm! I must say that sounds like wayyyy too much work. I just put mine in a couple days ago and was much simpler than had thought. I work in a shop so i used the car lift to hold the ass end up by the grab bar. I never had to take off the tail at all. Took the battery out....undid the top shock bolt and it dropped the swingarm down far enuf to get to the bottom shock bolt without removing any dogbones. New one went in fairly easy. I eyeballed the batt box and just took some off the front where it needed it...didnt even take the box out...cut it inframe. Put in the bottom shock bolt..slowly lowered the bike till the top shock bolt hole was even..tightened it all and was done! One thing I will say is be careful of the tip over sensor thats mounted on the front of the batt box. I cut off its mounting tab not knowing thats what it was and set the sensor out of the way had my bike die on me the next day. I just relocated it and mounted it to the frame so its all better now. The shock resivour barely touched the bottom of the battery so i just put the rubber mat back in the box so now it doesnt even touch the battery. The 1st gen must be alot harder to do this swap to cuz mine seemed much easier than what it had made out to be. Enjoy it when its all done! Night and day diff

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.