Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at shocks for an '07 SV650SA. It seems folks are either getting a used Kawasaki shock for $100 or less or spending $700 and up for an Ohlins or Penske. Hagons has a shock for the SV for $400.

Has anybody here tried a Hagons on an SV? I don't expect them to have the feel of a high end shock but I wonder if they are a big improvement over the stock shock for street use.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hagon shocks are popular with the Triumph and old school crowd. They do make high end shocks with remote reservoirs and adjustability, but I'm not sure if the SV one falls under that category.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not personally but I'd recommend checking out the UK sv forum,SV650.org As they're a UK manufacturer you'll more than likely get better/more feedback on there.
I've tried to register there 2 times and was unsuccessful and I sent them an email to which I got no reply. It claims I'm a spammer. Oh well...

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've tried to register there 2 times and was unsuccessful and I sent them an email to which I got no reply. It claims I'm a spammer. Oh well...
you might be trying to use a know spammers name or your IP might be flagged as one that has been used.

but anyway, i would buy a Nitron shock over Hagon any day of the week and they are about the same price. i think Nitron have USA stockists.

i have the sport shock which is a 1 way rebound/comp together custom built as i'm a short arz and i cost no more that a standard one. it was also valved and sprung to my requirements and also cost no more. if you ask and know what you want they will accommodate. mine is needing a service now as i had to click the adjuster up one (oil getting thin) but apart from that it still looks brand new after 14k of UK (Scottish) weather. it was also bang on for sag, compression and rebound straight out the box but i feel and it's only my preference is that the fast comp is a bit hard and will ask to have it sorted at the service.

·
Registered
133 Posts
i am using hagon right now.
good on street, with reasonable price.
i still have ohlins su606 and penske triple clickers but they really stiff and hard, i don't like them.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replys guys. I appreciate the info. I just scored a good deal on a low mileage Ricor shock in the for sale section so I no Hagons for the SV. But, my Guzzi could probably use a new shock to haul my fat ass around...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts