Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my Carbon Yosh RS3 on, Techspec tankgrips, desnorkled it, added some new mirrors & put some washers on under the tank while I had it up. Installed the stupid cheap 03 OEM Fender eliminator I got for 39 bucks from Oneida (which fits an 07 perfectly BTW.) Half price is good!

Busted one plastic push pin thing while doing it even though I was so careful after reading about it on here. Just used a screw for the one under the pass seat.

I didn't take off the headers to cut the pipe, was a little bit of a pain to get the right angle but not too bad.

Long story short.

Holy ****! What a difference in sound! (I didn't put the race baffle in) This thing sounds like it's ready to pounce on someones face, I love it!

Thanks to everyone on the forum for posting their experiences with these things. Saved me a bunch of little mistakes I'm sure I would've made.

I'll post pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
sweet. get some pics up. i'd really like to hear something in person but no one around town has an SV with a different pipe.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok ok just ran out quick and took a couple, not the greatest since its getting dark but you'll get the idea.

You can see the pipe, grip pads, mirrors and if you got a magnifying glass the washer to lift the tank lol.

With flash

The K3 fender elim: Fits perfect, no I'm not a plate photoshopper.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Bike looks great bro!

·
Registered
539 Posts
What's the point of the washers under the tank???
I think what the idea is that the higher the tank the more air gets into the intake thus more power.

I could be wrong...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SirReal is correct!, ripping out the snorkle gives it more air and a deeper growl, lifting the tank a bit on top of that gives it even more air. Combine that with a no-baffle Yoshi and you have a very deep note and more power.

·
Registered
827 Posts
When you de-snorkeled it, there is no way to put it back on correct?
you can always put it back on. it's not a permanent/irreversible mod.

i removed my snorkel and wasted $20 bucks on a SV1000 snorkel. no difference at all, just a little louder.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Busted one plastic push pin thing while doing it even though I was so careful after reading about it on here. Just used a screw for the one under the pass seat!
anyone know where to get some xtra pins. i noticed my undertail slid down, so guessing they fell out or po didnt put them in when he installed the undertail.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The only place I've heard of is Suzuki, however if u have the outer portion of the pin I discovered you can run an appropriate size screw into it and it will still spread like its supposed to and hold the plastic. Doesnt look bad either if you use a black one.

As far as the Dyno goes I wish I had access to one but I've seen other Dyno's with the desnorkle / tank lift and aftermarket exhaust and they show improvement a couple horses. Plus it sounds great so I would've done it either way. I'm also too impatient for the before / after ;D, I'd only have the after.

Like he said above, looks like the snorkle goes right back in, just have to play with the rubber lip kinda like the plate light in the fender eliminator. I also read that the 1000 snorkle didn't do much which is way I just went without.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Looks great! Mirrors are nice, I wouldve gone with bar ends but thats still sweet...

Heard a few SV's before with pipes, sound AMAZING. Its no air cooled twin but still a really nice gowl...

I am super excited to get a pipe for my twin :) Bit of a different sound but anything to turn heads on those I4 guys works for me!

·
Registered
40 Posts
does anyboyd have an issue with no snorkle and riding in the rain? i only ask cuz its gunna be storming here really soon and i gotta ride home in it, or walk if it dies i guess.....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts