Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just sat on one of these at the dealer, and something snapped in my brain. The thought of this bike is consuming me. A gorgeous, light 750 V that doesn't give you backaches and carpal tunnel. Not to mention hardly anyone has one. The dealer still hasn't sold a single one. Are people crazy, or am I for thinking this is a deal for $9.5K CDN?

·
Registered
217 Posts
I feel your guzzi luv. I'm torn between the Griso and the California. I've seen great reviews on the new 8V Griso.

The MSRP for the V7 is $8,490.00 American. Converts to $10,314 Canadian.

I don't know if that's a great deal or not, all depends on your threshold.

Of course, I'm sticking to the SV for a while. Perhaps in a couple of years....

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
A friend of mine owned a Moto Guzzi Breva 750 for about 6 months then he got rid of it and bought a BMW R1150R used. He liked the Guzzi but just felt that it was underpowered.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I spent several hours of my life going through the two-stroke/cool bike/single thread. Noticed quite a few Guzzi in there. I will be noticing them more often now, I think...

·
site supporter
6,095 Posts
One recurring but not consistent odd criticism about Guzzis: some riders' knees whack into the cylinder heads. That can't be fun.
But generally, yeah. I think the Guzzis are SWEET

·
Registered
254 Posts
Totally with you. Sometimes I really wish I had the V7 instead of the SV. It's such a clean, cool looking bike, even if it isn't as powerful as the SV. It would be a lot more comfortable for riding around town with my GF.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Mmmmm. Makes me wanna change spark plugs

·
Registered
920 Posts
The dealer still hasn't sold a single one.
The V7 Classic is definitely one of those "you either get it....or you don't" products. I was down in AZ visiting my brother back in January, and we spent a day drooling over motorcycles at a variety of shops.

The Guzzi dealer we stopped at also sold Ducatis and Triumphs, and it was very telling to watch folks stroll in and look around. A clean white V7 Classic was right in the middle of the floor, and I thought it was drop-dead gorgeous. But unlike seemingly everyone else that visited the dealer that day, I tend to gravitate towards the understated.

"I want people to look at me...." doesn't enter into my vehicular purchasing decisions at all.

;)

I dig it.

·
Registered
653 Posts
My legs are too long for a Guzzi, those heads hurt.

Not to mention, they are slugs compared to an SV. You really have to like to ride a slow bike fast.

They look very cool, though!

·
King of D'bags
3,579 Posts
I love the V7 Classic. But I'm holding out for a new Daytona.

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
That new V7 Classic is the perfect platform for a modern, retro style cafe project.

I look forward to seeing what enthusiasts do with these handsome machines!

Something like this perhaps?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts