Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the look of the GSX-R1000 integrated mirrors and turn signals. Has anyone tried to mount them on an SVS, or know if the bolt pattern lines up?

·
Registered
295 Posts
I know this has been discussed a million times in here, but my 2003 SVS just got backed over and both mirrors were broken off. So, I was thinking of also getting some mirrors with better visibility than stock. With all the complaining about them, I'm surprised more people haven't tried it. If the GS500s and GSXRs work, is there anybody on here who could confirm that with a picture depicting how much better the view is? I just don't want to order the wrong thing. If there are any aftermarket options people have found too, that would be great to know. I haven't found any.

·
Registered
687 Posts
GSXR do not tried it .. i have seen the gs500 they worked fine cant say how much better but he said he could see better .. this post was about integrated mirrors was it not ;) and to sstrk46 bolt patter in the same might stock out kind of odd the GSXR750 did .. hope this helps

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Ivan said:
Just what I need; a really expensive mirror if I happen to drop the bike.

Everyone repeat after me, "all bike mirrors belong on flexible stalks on the handlebars, in a position that shows cars behind you instead of elbows."
the manufacturers want mirrors that don't vibrate when someone sits on the bike at idle during a test sitting in the showroom, but readily break when you drop the bike to generate parts revenue.

·
Registered
295 Posts
To further that thought, what's funny is through my research the GS500F mirrors cost about 40% more than the SV's or GSX-R's, etc. I figure everybody with a Suzuki and their grandma must be buying them for their better visibility. So I ended up ordering SV replacements. (sigh)

·
Premium Member
1,190 Posts
I was thinking about putting a pair of gxr1k mirrors on too....heard the bolt patterns are the same

1 - 6 of 6 Posts