Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I just bought a 2007 gsxr 600 rear wheel and I am aware that the rear gsxr sprocket can be flipped but with my stock SVS gearing, will I be able to just flip the rear sprocket and the chain will accept it? Or do I have to switch the gearing with the front sprocket up a tooth? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
162 Posts
With a larger rear tire you'll want to go up one tooth to maintain your current gearing.

The stock GSXR sprocket tooth count is fewer than the SVS, which is 44. I think the GSXR has 43 teeth?

With 520 you need to flip the shouldered front sprocket. With 525 you need dished rear sprocket and you flip that one. Per Zoran.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the gsxr rear sprocket already dished? I'm just curious if I will be able to keep my stock 525 front sprocket and chain but flip the gsxr rear sprocket because the money is a little tight for me being 17 and all

·
Registered
162 Posts
You also need a kit to run a GSXR rear wheel, if you weren't aware of that.

I'm not sure if the stock sprocket is dished or not, but if it isn't you can get washers.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh I'm aware, I've been planning this for over a year now! Just never thought I'd be broke at the time of sprockets, but yes it is dished

·
Registered
45 Posts
From the reading I've done, the details are different for Zoran's setup and SV650R's setup. You'll need to research them both out. Find their threads (Zoran's is on his own site) and read the entire things. Doesn't take that long, considering the money you're spending.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Pretty sure it's the 750 that has a 45. OE is also dished, so works with Zoran's setup by flipping it. Good choice if you want steel.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alright thanks Ill count the teeth once I get the wheel

1 - 10 of 10 Posts