Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

gsxr speedo

2K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Danimal 
#1 ·
I know this has been talked about before and i've been searching but i can't find out how to make it work. What sensor is best to use and where can i get it. Then how to wire it. Also what magnets are the best and where do i get them?

#4 ·
found this. To me it looks just like a GM crank or speed sensor. Even found a delphi part number.http://catalog.marshelectronics.com/item/solid-state-geartooth-speed-sensors/gs1012-series-geartooth-speed-sensor/gs101205?&bc=100|1212|1223|1232&forward=1. does anyone know if this will work or not? Also found a pack of ceramic magnets at radio shack for $1.99 that I think will work.

#5 · (Edited)
Also found a pack of ceramic magnets at radio shack for $1.99 that I think will work.
Search for neodymium magnets. It wil give a much better signal because they are much stronger.

I put these on my bike, see the strength. Dont know where you can order them in the US
Diameter 8 mm
Thickness 2 mm
Weight 0,76 g
Nickel-plated (Ni-Cu-Ni)
Magnetisation: N45
Strength: approx. 900 g

#8 ·
I did use this sensor (Brand is Cherry) with the part number: GS101202 Digikey number: CH417-ND

Or you can use this sensor (same as the write up) (Brand is Cherry) with the part number: GS100502 Digikey number: CH398-ND

http://www.gregoryli.com/2007/05/speedo-fix-for-gsx-r-front-end-swap.html

Both sensors are the same only the housing is difference.
There are also other sensors that you can use but i don't have the experiance with them.

#15 ·
I got the same magnets and holders from that hardware store in Canada too.
I didn't drill and tap the little magnet holders ,I just placed a pc. of tape covering the backside of the button on the rotor, filled the cavity with JB Weld, pressed the magnet and holder in and wiped off the excess epoxy before it hardened. Worked great

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.