Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put on my gsxr shock yesterday and found a valuable piece of info when doing it. The tip over sensor was mounted to the part of the battery box that had to be cut so not realizing what it was cut the tab off and set the sensor off where it wouldnt be damaged. Coming back from lunch i had the throttle pinned in 2nd gear on the freeway onramp when the bike died. All I can say is im glad it was a straight shot up. I turned the key off and back on and it started right back up. I wasnt sure at first why that happened but after thinking about it all day I realized what it was and why it did it. I relocated the sensor right side up and zip tied it to the left side of the frame right by the battery box. So far it works just fine and am hoping vibration will not damage the sensor. Anyone know of a T/O sensor bypass? Of course..the new shock is many many times better than stock. Now I just need to fine tune it. So anyone else doing this..just remember the sensor is right there on the batt box and if need be relocate it with the correct side up

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
you know, i got an 04 and when i did my shock, there was a little sensor that had a tab that was on the battery box. mine wasnt mounted anywhere near where i had to cut, but i was wondering what it was. ive had no problems at all like that, so i guess all is well.

·
Registered
629 Posts
just mouted my 06 gsxrshock today and saw that same sensor and figured that is what it was.....now to find a dang battery that will allow me to put my seat back on! Think I found it though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts