Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what year GSXR R/R will fit my 2K SV?

Preferably one that will plug right in and bolt right up. Is there such a thing? I have searched and found a lot of people use them but nobody has posted what year matches a 2K. I need one and want to get a beefier one. I found the later year GSXR are 7 wires, can they be adapted and what do I need to do to make it work?

Thanks,

T

·
Registered
432 Posts
I don't believe there is one that's plug and play.

The ones that work have five wires but one plug. Then some have seven wires and those won't work. It must have five wires. It doesn't have to be from a gsxr.

I've used an r/r from a '03 1000 ($30) and if I remember right I pulled the three generator spades out of the gsxr connector and they went right into the SV connector. The wires to the battery had to be cut and soldered and then wrapped.

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
search around in the tech forums, there is alot of discussion on this and even pictures to help you figure it out.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Since this is so commonly asked why isn't there a note on this board showing some of the rectifiers that would work? My god we have a sticky for putting in oem shocks. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks I did multiple searches and could only find a reference that a GSXR R/R would work. I couldn't find any answers to what year would work or if there was an exact match wire wise. I agree this should be a sticky with what ones work. I appreciate all the answers and right now it looks as if my battery is the culprit.

Thanks again and ride safe.

T out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts