Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought some GSXR rearsets from a member, they bolted right up, but the shift rod I picked up for a GSXR from a dealer is still too short, although it's almost an inch longer than the stock SV. I have to pull with my foot up off the pegs to shift it's so high.

Anyone else have this problem? Anyone know if different year GSXR's had different length levers? Anyone know of a bike that has a longer rod that might work?

Thanks!

·
Registered
244 Posts
maybe try undoing the link at the transfer case and reposition it so it wont be too short! it's pretty simple to do and wouldn't cost you anymore money if it works out. just make sure you mark it first to line back up if it won't work and need to put it back to it's original position. good luck!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, that did it, although you can't rotate it too much otherwise you won't get the throw you need to actually shift. I think I might have rotated it 20 degrees.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Maybe see if you can find some metric all-thread (threaded metal rod) of the correct size and cut it to the length you need.
That won't work, the shift rod has opposite turning threads on each end. That way when you turn the rod, it either tightens or loosens both ends at the same time.

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
That won't work, the shift rod has opposite turning threads on each end. That way when you turn the rod, it either tightens or loosens both ends at the same time.
Did not know that. Sorry if I lead anyone down the wrong road.

·
Registered
908 Posts
use the little thing that the reflectors are attached to your forks with. they are the same size and will extend your rod about 2 inches

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
I found out today that the 06 GSXR 1k rearsets will not fit the second gen without modification. I will get my banjo switch in the mail today and will post up pics of woodcraft rearsets from that bike on my SV in a build thread. So far mods since I been home (86 hours now)
520 15/47 gold
wave rotor
pazzo levers installed (the gsxr one isnt attached to the clipons yet)
Stebel horn
motosliders full faring
DZC rear spool sliders
sargent seat
R6 rear fender mod (secret almost released see build in next week or so)

more to follow
GSXR front end
f3 rear wheel (when I kill the SV tire)
clear clutch cover (nest oil change)
HID projectors (need balasts)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts