Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
i have 02 750 CFM rearsets on my 03 sv. sniped em on fleabay for 62 bucks :lol: they dont fit perfectly btw. you kinda have to wrig em in, but no drilling is required.

only problems you might have will be the shift linkage and the rear master cylider mount. i forgot what i used as shift linkage. i think it was the rod that came with my retired jack-up plates.

the rear master was a pain and its jigga wrigged right now with one of my old jackup plates connected to the regular mounting holes for the rear master.

·
Registered
27 Posts
00-03 GXSR rearsets will fit.
You need to get the brackets, pegs, and heel guards.

Then you will have to figure out how to mount the rear master cylinder, and you also need a longer shift rod.

The GSXR brake pedal is nice to get as well; it doesn't curve out like the SV's, and puts the pedal in a bit closer to the bike.

R

·
0 Posts
What's all this about finding a way to mount the rear master cylinder? Mine is mounted with the heelguard screws where it would go on a GSX-R.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The mount point on the GSXR rearset is further forward, and the SV brake line was not long enough to stretch that far. I had to make a little bracket to keep the cylinder in the same location as stock.

My setup is 03 SVS - 02 GSXR 600 rearsets.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I don't know about anyone else, but I am very happy with the Vortex rearsets that are made for the SV650S. Mine is '03.
I still have yet to wire the rear brake light to the pressure switch but the work, feel and perform great!

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
In the near future, I will have a set from an 01 GSXR to sell, if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
202 Posts
DougZ said:
In the near future, I will have a set from an 01 GSXR to sell, if anyone is interested.
^^PM Sent^^

1 - 11 of 11 Posts