Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, a friend of mine has an '03 gsxr rear wheel with the rotor on it and he has the swing arm. its a 180 tire...all I need to know is, will it fit and how so?

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Please tell me this isn't so you can fit a bigger wheel on.

You will more than likely have widen the frame somehow. You'll also have to make spacers to fit pivot or shim the swing arm so the wheel lines up. I'm guessing since Zoran never made a kit for that year GSXR, the sprocket is pretty far to the outside. So you may have to mill down the caliper bracket and make new axle spacers. Finally, you'll have to make new dog bones (probably, otherwise you might be slammed down to the ground low).

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Please tell me this isn't so you can fit a bigger wheel on.

You will more than likely have widen the frame somehow. You'll also have to make spacers to fit pivot or shim the swing arm so the wheel lines up. I'm guessing since Zoran never made a kit for that year GSXR, the sprocket is pretty far to the outside. So you may have to mill down the caliper bracket and make new axle spacers. Finally, you'll have to make new dog bones (probably, otherwise you might be slammed down to the ground low).
= not worth it.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Some people would do it. Some people would. I would never do it.

If your purpose is wanting a 5.5"(180) rear tire there are much much easier ways to do that. If you want something completely custom, you may want to do it. I'm 99% sure it's been done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts