1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A guy is selling:

• Front Rim: $200
  • Upper/Lower Trip Clamps + Bearing: $200
Looks like 04' parts, which will match for the GSXR front end swap. Decent prices?

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
as long as the wheel's perfect, its an ok price depending on shipping, not a good deal, but not really overpaying. if its perfect, has bearings and rotors, then its a good deal, if it has a decent tire on it too, then its a great deal.

seems pretty steep for triples, they generally go for $150 and under on ebay, when they're perfect.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, looks like I found a guy close to me that has ALL the parts from a 04 GSXR 600. From this list, what does "And all associated hardware.*" mean?

If you want to put a GSXR front end on your SV you will need the following GSXR parts...

Clip-ons
Triple clamps
Forks
Axle
Wheel
Calipers
Rotors
Fender
And all associated hardware.*
Besides cable length differences and fabbing a bracket for my gauges, does a naked SV650 need anything special vs. a SV650S? I'm going to the guy's house today and want to make sure I get everything I need.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
i assume "all" hardware means every nut, bolt, spacer, and bearing to mount that up, but you should verify w/him to make sure.

i don't know about the specifics of that gen gsxr, but the ignition may need to be modded to get it to bolt up. or if the new setup comes with an ignition and key, then maybe you want to use that.

you'll have to fab up a speedo sensor, there are lots of threads here about that. and i think thats it, looks like you're getting all the parts you need, good luck w/ the build. thats the smarter way to do it, i've been trying to piece a front end together, its taking forever, and not costing any less.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts