Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you kid's know if i send the $$ and put a GXSR front end on my SV will it feel like riding a GSXR in the front end/twisties?
The reason I ask is this past winter I picked up a 03RR and the other day went for a ride with a friend (I was on the RR he was on my SV) and we switched bikes at a stop light after riding the RR all day my SV felt sloppy and lose in the front end however I love my SV and if I had to choose I would keep it over the RR becasue I can go 500+ miles a day and feel fine after the ride. So i'm thinkinkg if I could have to best of both worlds why not...

Thanks in advance,
-ih8winter-

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
It will not fell the same as a GSXR but It will be a HUGE improvement over the stock front end.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Like Oreo, myself, and others have mentioned before, you can get those stock forks to work really well if you rebuild them.
You WILL need a good shock to go along with the rebuilt forks and I like Penske shocks because they are easy to service and will last for as long as you own the bike.
I had mentioned contacting Zoran about rebuilding stock forks with gsxr internals in another thread about swapping to a gsxr front end vs rebuilding stock front forks.

Send Zoran an email: twfracing.com

He's a great resource on this board and helps a lot of people get this issue sorted.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I've been told a few times now the SV's just aren't as flickable in the turns, even with a GSXR swap. Then I've read up on people hanging with bigger bikes in the turns on a stock SV. I think it really boils down to how well of a rider you are and what you want your comfort zone to be. If you own a RR I wouldn't put too much money into the SV at this point trying to get better handling. Especially if you have had your forks rebuilt once already to match your weight.

·
Registered
109 Posts
+1 for Zoran. He helped me with bushings for my Debrix cartridge emulators. He is fast and does quality work. Highly recommended.

And, the handling is transformed. The bike rides a zillion times better with springs, emulators, and fresh oil.

Like Oreo, myself, and others have mentioned before, you can get those stock forks to work really well if you rebuild them.
You WILL need a good shock to go along with the rebuilt forks and I like Penske shocks because they are easy to service and will last for as long as you own the bike.
I had mentioned contacting Zoran about rebuilding stock forks with gsxr internals in another thread about swapping to a gsxr front end vs rebuilding stock front forks.

Send Zoran an email: twfracing.com

He's a great resource on this board and helps a lot of people get this issue sorted.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

1 - 8 of 8 Posts