Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Im gonna do my conversion in hopefully a month or so and id like to run my stock speedo as well. Although I do have a veypor, and yes it does light up at night, very bright acutally with a really cool blue color, I would like to retain my stock speedo aswell.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
RedAggie03 said:
Best conversion EVER. There is an easier version that mounts on your front disc, but you have to mess with it if you pull off the front wheel etc. With mine - "you just SET IT and FORGET IT!!!"
HAHHAA
I did Jim's front end speedo conversion and its essentially the same thing as the SV stock speedo, just in a slightly different configuration. And no, you don't have to mess with anything if you take off the front wheel. Its even less work than the SV speedo because there's no sensor to get back in place when you replace the wheel. :) Its also very inexpensive and super easy to install. :)

You can see the sensor mount right in front of the caliper. http://nova-designs.com/blogimgs/oct05/sv_gsxr_front_003.jpg

·
Registered
31 Posts
Novadesigns said:
I did Jim's front end speedo conversion and its essentially the same thing as the SV stock speedo, just in a slightly different configuration. And no, you don't have to mess with anything if you take off the front wheel. Its even less work than the SV speedo because there's no sensor to get back in place when you replace the wheel. :) Its also very inexpensive and super easy to install. :)

You can see the sensor mount right in front of the caliper. http://nova-designs.com/blogimgs/oct05/sv_gsxr_front_003.jpg
this is the method i want to use. How easy is it to get the parts and, what is the price?

·
Registered
200 Posts
acer1966 said:
very easy check this out http://forum.svrider.com/index.php?topic=41064.0, you can buy his kit and than you have to buy the hallmark sensor which totals together around $70 as far as i remember, works great, Northwind was saying he worked out the issues with the speedo at the rear wheel, that would be another option
I got the parts from Jim. Great guy and a great way to adapt the SV gauges to a GSXR front end. Cheap, easy and effective

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
I like the kit... Looks a very simple, clean option. Certainyl far better than the front sprocket fitment.

I've got the old rear-wheel speedo mod for the carbed models pretty much sorted, the short version is you grind down the brake hanger, do some work on the speedo drive, lengthen the cables and build a wee castellation on the bearing lip to emulate the one in the front wheel. (this is the clever bit) Costs about £2 UK for the chemical metal (or JB Stik, whatever.) and a bit of time. One thing I really like is that it looks basically like factory, and works in the same way. If you're careful with the wiring it's all but invisible. It's done something like 10,000 miles, a dyno run and a trackday without issues.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
hellsing said:
hey sorry for the thread jack but does anyone know if the 05 636 wheel will fit on the 05 gsxr wheel if you use the 636 Axel?

Thanks,
Sean
lay off the illegal narcotics, thanks. :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
hellsing said:
hey sorry for the thread jack but does anyone know if the 05 636 wheel will fit on the 05 gsxr wheel if you use the 636 Axel?

Thanks,
Sean
sorry had a litle type o. What i as asking is would the 05 636 wheel fit on a 05 gsxr fork. Ohh and kids drugs are bad mmmmkay

·
Registered
31 Posts
thanks guys i picked up a gsxr wheel with 500 mile on the tire and rotors from ebay. i just like the way the 636 wheel looks and did't want to fork out alot of change for the marchisini rims.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts