Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to convert my 03 SVS to a naked bike. I've got '02 GSX-R 750 forks (50 mm right?), and I'm having a hard time finding some brackets to mount the headlight to the forks. I've got a single 7" round light that I'd like to use (with ears), I just need clamps that mount to the forks.

LP has some that would work nicely, but they aren't currently available anywhere I've looked. Wild Hair Acc. has some too, but I'd like to spend a bit less on them.

Are there any online dealers/retailers that sell these? THANX....Devon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
397 Posts
Aaaaagh do I have to post this pic AGAIN? Why aren't you people more creative. SNIP AND STRETCH!

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TestaStretta said:
Aaaaagh do I have to post this pic AGAIN? Why aren't you people more creative. SNIP AND STRETCH!
....I don't have that piece....I have an SVS that I'm converting to a nekkid bike....

....I spoke to SVRaceShop today, thanx to a recommendation from jarelj....they ordered the LP brackets for me....for $57 shipped...should have em in a few weeks....

.....oh....and thanx for the sites and pics....and thanx for not bombarding me with links to "search"..... ;)...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
92 Posts
Maybe this will help generate some ideas for folks with headlight/guage mounting problems.

I got these brackets from this guy off e-bay, Aztec 8 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dual...ryZ34284QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem, he sells the headlight set up but if you call he will sell just the brackets. They are made from lexan and pretty stout. I shimmed the tubes with 1 wrap of elec tape to insure a tight fit. I also upgraded the hardware from phillips to allen head screws.

I drilled the ears to mount some LED marker/signal lamps.

I fabricated this bracket to to mount my guage pod. This is 1 1/4 x 1/8 aluminum from DIY Big Box store I bent in a vise. The lower set of holes is to mount my Fiamm horns under the headlight assembly. Mine are highway blasters but this location would work well for air horns too.

Here is the bracket mock mounted up.


Here it is painted and mounted. The guage unit will bolt through the two holes pictured. This bracket could be made shorter if you wanted your instruments lower and you can bend the mounting ears to adjust the angle to your preference.

I got all the new leads soldered on and my speedo pickup and bracket fabricated tonight but did not get everything put together yet. I will post more as I get more done. Sorry the photos are crappy, my batteries were dying and the camera would not hold still!.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
92 Posts
Here are some more shots of the Aztec 8 brackets and dual headlights on an 04 with 04 GSXR frint end.

This is a detail of the rear of the clamps. The clamp body just touches the frame at full lock:


Here is a detail of the front of the clamp with ear attached and signal mounted:


Fiamm dual horns mounted on bracket fabricated to hold guages:


Guage pod mounted on bracket. Angle is adjustable by bending mounting ears on pod:


Headlights mounted. You can adjust the height of the headlights relative to the guage pod. Moving the h/l mounting bracket to raise or lower the unit also affects distance from triple:


Here is shot of bike:


Riders view:


I still have some work to do to tidy up the wiring behind the headlights. It looks like with horns mounted the wiring will tuck up nicely. However, it was so cold out that the wire bundle was really stiff and my cable ties kept breaking! I will finish this weekend when the weather is hopefully warmer. That will finish the bike except for the front fender. It was too cold to shoot paint so that will have to wait as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
285 Posts
Indigo said:
Maybe this will help generate some ideas for folks with  headlight/guage mounting problems.

I got these brackets from this guy off e-bay, Aztec 8 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dual...ryZ34284QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem, he sells the headlight set up but if you call he will sell just the brackets.  They are made from lexan and pretty stout.  I shimmed the tubes with 1 wrap of elec tape to insure a tight fit.  I also upgraded the hardware from phillips to allen head screws.
What size brackets did you get? The GSX-R forks have 50mm tops and 54mm main tubes, correct?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Indigo - that looks good, buddy!

I plan on doing the same lights on my SV1000. I will use the stock brackets and spacers that Scott provides instead of the brackets he sells.

One Question - Is there room between the shield the cluster? As in do the headlights stick out farther than the cluster! I want to know if a shield of some sort can be fabbed up, such as the buell shield.

Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
92 Posts
Bif, I used the 50MM clamps.

Rogue, the headlights do stick out a little farther than the instrument cluster and you can create a little more room by changing the angle the cluster mounts.  Just bend the mounting tabs to get the angle you need.  I adapted a Speed Triple flyscreen to run on mine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Indigo said:
Bif, I used the 50MM clamps.

Rogue, the headlights do stick out a little farther than the instrument cluster and you can create a little more room by changing the angle the cluster mounts. Just bend the mounting tabs to get the angle you need. I adapted a Speed Triple flyscreen to run on mine.
Thanks a lot, Indigo!

Say, post a pic of that triumph screen, will ya? I am afraid the buell screen isnt as wide as these headlights. Thanks!
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top