Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may have a line on the front end from a 05 GSXR 750 with very few miles. The kid flipped it over backwards (what, they they don't come with 12:00 bars from the factory? ::) ) and he had no insurance on it, so he may be parting it out to pay it off. I may offer to buy the entire front end off of it, forks, wheel, clip ons, rotors, the whole shebang. If his price is reasonable. I didn't plan on swapping things out, but if his price is good, it will be a good winter project. Since I never really priced this conversion before, what would be a decent price? I don't mind shelling out fair market value, but I don't want to pay a Prince's ransom for it either. Any ballpark figures from those who have done this would be appreciated.

Funny side note. The spell check suggested SEX as a replacement for GSXR. I'd buy that for a dollar ;)

·
Registered
326 Posts
It all depends on if he has a clue or not. He might take 300.00

Fair but a good deal on your part for everything needed would be around 500 I think.

Market value would probably be closer to 7 or 8 hundred.

I think the only thing from keeping me from pulling the trigger on this mod is the cost of a front wheel.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Mr. Black said:
It all depends on if he has a clue or not.  He might take 300.00

Fair but a good deal on your part for everything needed would be around  500 I think.

Market value would probably be closer to 7 or 8 hundred.

I think the only thing from keeping me from pulling the trigger on this mod is the cost of a front wheel.
I'm doing this conversion right now. It's a bitch trying to scrounge all the parts up on Ebay. Fair is about $500 all together. Anything less is a steal.

·
Registered
105 Posts
shameless plug......i still have my 01 600 front end for sale....on ebay....buy it now...$250. lol

·
Registered
687 Posts
i just shell out $280 on ebay i still need wheel and front fender etc but is everything in good condish ya know nice and straight? start out at 300 and see what he says from there ..

·
Registered
53 Posts
Why do we need another front wheel if wanna do the gixxer front end??
Inverted forks and brake system doesn´t fit our sv wheel and rotors?
Do we need clip-ons or could we stay with handlebars, if we´ve a naked?

Probably basic questions but I don´t know anything about it...

·
Registered
514 Posts
MarcoSA said:
Why do we need another front wheel if wanna do the gixxer front end??
Inverted forks and brake system doesn´t fit our sv wheel and rotors?
Do we need clip-ons or could we stay with handlebars, if we´ve a naked?

Probably basic questions but I don´t know anything about it...
You need a GSXR wheel. Calipers and rotors too. SV master cyc. can be used.

If you want to run riser bars, you will need to drill the GSXR top tripple for the mounts, which is somehting I would not advise.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts