Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys im debating about putting a full 04 05 gsxr fairing witch i heard it should fit pretty good but my question is how would i go about to wire in the gsx r head light?

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
What do you mean to wire it? You would just run the same three wires to the same three contacts.

If there are dual headlamps, both hi/low, then you splice in wires for another connector so that you can power both.

If one is high only, and the other low, then you splice an extra wire into the ground wire.

Run the "high" wire to the high lamp, "low" wire to the low lamp, and one ground wire to each.

If you don't know which is high/low/ground, download the service manual from www.sv650.org or buy a cheap CD manual off eBay.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks i wasnt sure if there would be somthing trickey bout the 04 - 05 headlight that i would need to worry about or just plug and play with a couple added wires like you just said.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i heard with the gsx r fairing stay it will and every one does it for there race bikes. but im prolly not got to be able to start on my until the riding season is over, by then ill be putting my bike up, ill have all the parts and enough cash to do whatever i want to do to the bike. but yes i heard it does work,

·
Registered
219 Posts
ok guys im debating about putting a full 04 05 gsxr fairing witch i heard it should fit pretty good but my question is how would i go about to wire in the gsx r head light?
Ok, so i have a 03' sv 1000! Your saying i can take a set of gsxr Fairing set and mount it on my bike? How do you go about something like that! Do you have any links/pictures to prove that? Im interested in doing that.

so you need the fairing/light bracket, and then headlight, fairings? please specify. thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
You can do it, even if the mounts don't work.

Just be prepared to bend a lot of 1/8" aluminum bar stock to make custom mounting brackets.

That, and lots of cursing.
So how long would you say it would take person with a decent amount of mechanical ability? Plus I've got a welder and tap/die set. :)

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
I have no clue. I bent a couple of pieces of 1/8"x1/2" aluminum bar stock to mount my gauges in about 20 minutes. That was only two pieces.

But then again, those pieces are visible, so I wanted them to look at least half way decent.

It takes a lot of trial and error to bent aluminum stock to the proper length and angle to mount up correctly. It can be frustrating.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts