Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Any one ever try one of these on an SV? Or is the main muffler under the bike? I like the small GP style. I suspect the end pipe doesn't have much sound dampening.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
the black box. those things weigh a ton. I'd like to see it on an SV It might sound pretty good. The cat (black box) doesn't really do any noise dampening that short muffler might do a little. I bought the same exhaust on ebay for like 40 bucks I wanna put it on my K8 GSXR to get rid of the monstrosity of a pipe that was put on in 08'

^^ My exact bike

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
It's a bit louder than stock, as it's designed to flow more, but it isn't much louder.

It purrs very nicely. At idle, it actually doesn't sound much different from the OEM piece, but at speed, it sounds very nice.

The exhaust pulse coming out can be felt from over ten feet away.

·
Registered
384 Posts
jb, did you do the welding yourself? If not, where and how much if you don't mind me asking? I'm looking into getting a aftermarket exhaust for my DS and am in need of a reputable welder who's reasonably priced.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I asked the same question just about 1 year ago. Here is the posting.

http://forum.svrider.com/showthread.php?t=68500

I'd really love to see someone try this. I got a used gsxr muffler off ebay. Not sure how to keep the crossover before the gsxr can. One of the responses was spot on. Make friends with a welder.

Anyone have 2006 or newer pipes they want to sell. I want a second pair to start this project. That way I can keep the original if this doesn't work.

·
Registered
93 Posts
the black box. those things weigh a ton. I'd like to see it on an SV It might sound pretty good. The cat (black box) doesn't really do any noise dampening that short muffler might do a little. I bought the same exhaust on ebay for like 40 bucks I wanna put it on my K8 GSXR to get rid of the monstrosity of a pipe that was put on in 08'

^^ My exact bike
has anyone ever put this exhaust on an SV650? i got one for nothing and want to try it, want to see if other people tried it out. I think this would be a nice improvement from the giant SV can

Thanks

Andy

·
45% Member
7,585 Posts
has anyone ever put this exhaust on an SV650? i got one for nothing and want to try it, want to see if other people tried it out. I think this would be a nice improvement from the giant SV can

Thanks

Andy
Looks very similar to the can on Jbswears bike. Check out a few posts back.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Looks very similar to the can on Jbswears bike. Check out a few posts back.
his is actually the gsxr1000 titanium pipe, a little too big for my taste, I was hoping to see the 2008 GSXR600/750 stock exhaust.

Thanks

Andy

·
45% Member
7,585 Posts
I know they aren't exactly the same. But I think JBs bike may be as close as you're gonna get. To my knowledge, there's only one (I think) other member here who did something similar. Though I could be wrong.

·
Registered
93 Posts
oh well, guess i will have to pave the way, I will be sure to document for others and do videos and what not. hopefully i do it up this week

Thanks guys

Andy

PS just picked the bike up and it will be going on this.....

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
Whatever you do, please dont wreck or repaint that beautiful copper.
IMO, that's the best year of the 2nd gen's due to that color and the rear subframe being higher than the other years (gives it a better look).

·
Registered
93 Posts
yea i agree, it was a good find, I like the color a lot, I was looking for a naked SV but i stumbled upon this and I could not pass up the price. I plan on doing a bar conversion, but i like the paint a lot. very unique. I look forward to riding and modding the bike.

I just need that rumble to go with it. right now on a budget, so we are trying new ideas :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
jbswear do you have any problems with backpressure (backfiring) with that gsxr can on?
do you think it would have any difference if the pipe came off a gsxr 600?
gc8Andy I have the exact same bike except with the lower fairings let me know how it works I also want to put an exhaust like that on my bike a GSXR600 or ZX6R exhausts.

pic of what my bike looks like borrowed pick from monkeyman in a forum about fairing installations.

http://forum.svrider.com/showthread.php?t=81629

1 - 20 of 25 Posts