Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a 2004-2005 GSX-R600/750 upper triple clamp for my front end conversion. Anyone know if these are any good? I have no clue who actually makes them.

Ebay auction

So far this is all I can find for that model year other than OEM, which is about the same price. Vortex doesn't have theirs out yet, and a couple of other companies I've emailed either focus strictly on race parts, with no way to use the ignition, or are stratospherically overpriced.

I've also been looking for stock ones on Ebay, and ones from non-wrecked/stolen bikes (meaning damaged!) don't come up very often.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
419 Posts
Get the previous gen triple trees (like from a 02 like mine :) ) the off set is better and they are easier to come by. Just a suggestion. I found a upper triple that looked like crap and I re-painted it semi-flat black and it looks like brand new. Just a suggestion.

Jason
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
687 Posts
do you have to have both upper and lower the same or can you mix and match :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,399 Posts
coyote said:
do you have to have both upper and lower the same or can you mix and match :)
they gotta be the same
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,152 Posts
I have upper and lower triples I'll sell ya from a 2001 GSXR 600. Just let me know if interested via PM.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
687 Posts
wonderjosh said:
they gotta be the same
figured as much ::) o well arnt these forks bolt on for the newer bike ? or did i read something wrong.? Novadesigns the link you posted up i might end up with something like that price doesnt seem too bad i like the ones wonderjosh
posted too but 230 is kind of high they look pimp but still
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
I currently also have a 04-05 GSXR600/750 front end on the bike, but I do have a stock 00-03 750 lower triple waiting to be put on. I'm doing it for the better offset. Yeah, that's it. Better offset.

.
.
.
.
.



Oh hell, I'll admit it, I'm doing it so I can get that trick Intrinsic upper triple. ;D (They don't have one for the 04-05 yet, either.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,399 Posts
quasi888 said:
I currently also have a 04-05 GSXR600/750 front end on the bike, but I do have a 00-03 750 upper triple waiting to be put on. I'm doing it for the better offset. Yeah, that's it. Better offset.

.
.
.
.
.



Oh hell, I'll admit it, I'm doing it so I can get that trick Intrinsic upper triple.  ;D (They don't have one for the 04-05 yet, either.)

if you change to the older gen gsxr upper triple, you need to use the lower triple from that gen(00-03)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
wonderjosh said:
if you change to the older gen gsxr upper triple, you need to use the lower triple from that gen(00-03)
Whoops, meant to say that I have a 00-03 *lower* triple waiting to be put on (when I get the Intrinsic upper, obviously). Clearly having two upper triples would do me no good. ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
coyote said:
i emailed about the ones in the link and they are all out and dont plan to make anymore ???
The other problem is they don't make either of those triples for the 04-05 GSXRs. I don't know anything about the older triples being "more stable" or that the offet is "better." I think that's a personal preference. I know that they are different, but this is the first time I've heard anyone say that older triples were "better."

In any case I don't feel like spending more money to get most of what I already have just to get the one part I don't have. I'd rather just buy what I need, get this thing on the bike and then see if its something I need to change. If I have to wait a while, then I'll wait.

As far as my original question... I'll assume that's a "no" ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
687 Posts
Novadesigns said:
As far as my original question... I'll assume that's a "no" ;)
i would think they would work. i am thinking about getting one. they look well made, but it is kind of hard to tell from the little pic's :-\
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
coyote said:
i would think they would work. i am thinking about getting one. they look well made, but it is kind of hard to tell from the little pic's :-\
Yeah they do, they say they are billet aluminum so it can't be too bad unless its some really low grade billet. I checked out their website and they make a whole bunch of billet parts. I'd rather stick with someone I know, like Vortex, but there may not be much choice unless I want to spend a lot of money... which I don't. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,152 Posts
{PMS}fishy said:
Won't fit. The new forks are inverted, the 01s were not.
OK..looks like I am gonna sell most of the stuff on Ebay anyway..lots of PM's but nothing solid.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
200 Posts
Novadesigns said:
I need a 2004-2005 GSX-R600/750 upper triple clamp for my front end conversion. Anyone know if these are any good? I have no clue who actually makes them.

Ebay auction

So far this is all I can find for that model year other than OEM, which is about the same price. Vortex doesn't have theirs out yet, and a couple of other companies I've emailed either focus strictly on race parts, with no way to use the ignition, or are stratospherically overpriced.

I've also been looking for stock ones on Ebay, and ones from non-wrecked/stolen bikes (meaning damaged!)  don't come up very often.
check this out. Pricey, but oh soooo niiiccceee
http://www.motospecialties.com/MSIn...ype=Products by Bike&Type1=Suzuki&Type2=SV650
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
687 Posts
for that price they better be more then trick :-\ $744
 
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Top