Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...My mechanic says he has a GSX-750 front suspension he would install for me. I have a 2000 SV (nekkid). I think he said it was a 2002 and said something about it being a showa (sp) shock or something. Will this work for me? Do I even need this mod? I'm most definitely a noob (obviously), but I've noticed that it was a very popular performance mod. He said he would sell/install it for $250. Sound fair? I'd like better performance (who wouldn't) but I've only been riding for about a year and only about 3 months on the SV. Seems everyone complains about the front end on a stock SV but I'm so green I don't even know what good is. I rode a Honda Rebel and a '94 GS500 before the SV, so my bike does seem like high-performance to me.LOL. Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
That is almost too cheap to be right... i would simply question the cost as being something wrong with it. Additionally, if you are a new and non agressive rider, you may not need the perfomance of it, however the bling factor is off the charts.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well he's my mechanic and kind of a friend as well, since I deal with him exclusively, he looks out for me. He said he's not planning on making any money on me. Just kinda doin' it as a favor. I'm sure he would not sell me something that was broken. How much do they usually go for? I have no idea. What does he mean by showa (sp) shocks?

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
Showa is a suspension componant manufacturer.... Kayaba or KYB is another.

Typically for a full setup, wheel rotors fender calipers forks clip ons triples etc... your talking 750-1200 depending on details.

·
Registered
514 Posts
What exactly does he have for you?

You need a special lower bearing which is $55, as well as GSXR brakes, wheel, rotor, and fender.

If its complete for $250 you would be stupid to pass it up, even if you don't 'need' it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts