Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to look at a salvage 2006 gsxr today - just to look - nothing more. The bike is what I thought it was - WRECKED , but I made him an offer on the bike @#$#! I kill myself sometimes.

just because you have garage space does not mean you need to fill it.

I hope it get it ;D

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
as best I could tell frame, wheels, forks, engine ok.

everything else to include the subframe - poof - not sure if this will be a race bike or a street bike yet. If I can put it back on the street cheaply - that's the way I'm gonna go. If not, race plastic and call it a day. If I find bad stuff - it will get parted out.

if everything works out the way I hope it will - in three months the gsxr will be my street legal therapy bike, the 08zx-10 will be gone replaced by a zx-14.

My girl friend thinks I need therapy. So does my insurance agent for that matter.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
got it

here it is

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
almost like a double negative this bike was a wrecked repo. go figure.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Tell them that working on said projects IS your therapy and is what keeps you sane!
on the othe bike....doesn't look bad @ all. Is it ridable?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tell them that working on said projects IS your therapy and is what keeps you sane!
on the othe bike....doesn't look bad @ all. Is it ridable?
I've had it on the rear stand and cycled through the gears - all gears work all controls work to include foot controls. With that said I am not sure how it will ride but my hunch is ok. my race bikes have looked much worse, so I'm pretty hopeful for this one.

I am really surprised even the front ffairing stay is intact. Usually those things break off into a bazillion pieces.

i am quite happy with how the bike looks. The biggest challenge now is removing the bolt for the right side frame slider which snapped. other than that i think we're good. I'll do an assessment today on what it needs, but for now i suspect all it needs is platstic, lighting and a few other small things.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Other than the salvage title, looks like you made off with a good deal!! Thanks for posting this up, cause you just got me curious as to what I might find around this area!
:D

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Pretty amazing to think how little it takes to write off a bike these days.

.. Gregg
according to the estimate I saw from the shop you're looking at 13K in repairs :)

basically everything you see that has a blemish, scuff, mark, tint or other would need to be replaced.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
+1. When i get a garage, this looks like it could be fun.

Oh, and some money. Guess I'll need that too.

·
Premium Member
6,627 Posts
sweet, salvage bikes can be sweet deals, plastics are cheap, check out this guy http://myworld.ebay.com/auctmarts1/ i don't have anyexperiance but from what they say on gixxer.com, the fairings fit well, where do you live?? there can be some hurdles to jump thru when reregistering it

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
diggin into it now. as you can tell what it really needed was a bath and a happy home.

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
I want to go to there.

Seriously looks like you got a good bike there. It just looks like a torn down bike in the pic above. You wouldn't even know it's wrecked.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts