Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
King of D'bags
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I despise going to the squid-laden forums for answers to questions so I'm going to hit you guys up. My buddy is planning on selling his 98 GSX-R600 SRAD. He's willing to sell it too me cheap and on an installment plan since I'm currently unemployed. It's burgundy and black in color. I'm not a fan of the color but I'm against painting over original stuff. What I'd like to do is pick up another fuel tank and some aftermarket or used bodywork and repaint that. My question is weither 750 fuel tanks are the same as 600 tanks. I know that the bike's are basically the same with different swingarms, cylinder sleeves, and carbs (wish his was FI :() so I'm hoping that the tanks are as well.

·
King of D'bags
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have this thing about maintaining originality. Plus I don't want to ruin the OE body in a potential crash (knock on wood) and since I don't really care for the original color, I'd rather replace it with something I like better.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Aaron...I am pretty sure that they are the same tanke between the 600 and 750. I would acall a dealer or look it up on ronayers to be sure.

·
King of D'bags
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought about doing that but since the part numbers are paint-specific, I thought that would be a dead end.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I just asked a guy on another board who has had a couple Gixxers, and he said yes, same years, same tank.

·
King of D'bags
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ooh, yeah - I never thought of the WERA board. That's even saved in my Favorites. Duh.
Thanks, Doug. I figured they were interchangable but wasn't sure. Especially with the 750 going FI beofre the 600 did.

·
King of D'bags
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Will do, Deano. How's the flame job coming? I haven't seen final pics on it yet.
The SV and I will be together until the end of time. It's in need of painting too. Between a couple of light get-offs, getting scratched in the back of the truck going to trackdays, and my new AirTech 1-pc. race upper, I need to get something done.

·
King of D'bags
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Scratch that, Dean.
Just looked in the Mods section and lo and behold... ::)

·
Registered
537 Posts
the 98-00 SRAD 600 were still carbed.

the 750 switched to FI in 98 so there were a couple yrs where it was FI but still the "SRAD" flavor till it was redesigned in 00.

96-97 750 tanks would be your best bet if you're going for a tank that's going to straight swap into a SRAD sixxer as those were still carbed. the only thing i'd worry about for the 98-99 750 tanks are that it may include a fuel pump that wouldn't be compatible w/ the 600 carbs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts