Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read all the forum topics on both SVRider and SoCalSVRiders on stalk turn signals. I ran out today to my local Harley/Buell for the 2000 Buell X1 rear right and left blinkers (did I buy the right year for my bike?). I bought the amber 23W bulbs at Cycle Gear as well as the wire connectors. While I was at a Suzuki dealership trying to pick up a SVS maintenance book, I took a closer look at a GSX-R bike nearby. I noticed the stalks look very similar to my SV and the shape of the front turn signal in-cap looked kind of like my SVS. The GSX-R's stalks are very short compared to the SVS, which is what I want. So, my question is:

1) What GSX-R bike model(s) and year(s) blinkers would work on a 2005 SV650S? Would you need the rear and front ones from the GSX-R? I like the modern GSX-R blinkers, but I also heard that the older GSX-R blinkers have the current SV's blinker shape. I don't really care which ones I have, as long as they fit my current motorcycle.

2) Was it just an easy install? Do I just plug it in? No modifications on my bike right?

3) I like the GSX-R turn signals, but if it doesn't work, I guess I'll have to use the Buell X1. I just hope the X1 that I got will fit my SVS.

4) For the Buell X1, did I forget to buy the brackets, well nuts, screws and washers? The current SVS front and rear turn signal screws won't work? If I do have to get the above items, do I have to go back to the Buell dealership, or can I use LP items. Any more tips on this would be appreciated.

5) Finally, do you think the SVS would look better with the angular design of the GSX-R signals versus the round ones of the Buell signals? I thought that round signals might look funny on the SVS.

Thanks for all of your help, and hopefully I won't mess up too badly during the install. I'm awaiting opinions as I will have to decide whether or not to return the Buell lights and buy the GSX-R lights instead (maybe on e-Bay?).

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Actually, I feel dumb. I looked at the front turn signal stalk and realized that the stalk length is the same length as the Buell X1. The SVS' front turn stalks are pretty short, probably even the same length as the GSX-R's. I am not really concerned about the rear turn signals because in a low speed fall, the original front signals break but not the rear turn signals. I would just leave the rear turn signals as is. So now, should I just go ahead and get flush mount front turn signals if my main concern is in a fall, it won't break. Or are there other alternatives as far as stalk turn signals? It is very important to me that others see my front turn signals. I've read pros and cons on LP turn signals and LED signals. I need bright bright turn signals with a long bulb/LED life. Suggestions and thoughts?

·
Registered
202 Posts
I don't know much about the buell signals except I here it looks better on the naked model.

I put GSX-R signals on my bike, easy they just plug into the same connectors, get 04 or newer(I think they look better) if you ride with some GSX-R guys and they have flushmounts or something else see if they have their stock signals laying around, that is how I got mine. Also the rear signals on the GSX-R may have a little bit longer stalk so you might want the front ones.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
I just got some short stalk turn signal that work just fine and are HUGE like the stockers. Why are those things so big???

·
Registered
12 Posts
Anyone got pictures of their bike with GSX-R turn signals on them?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts