Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Why? The only reason they make the 750 is nostalgia for when it was the Superbike. There really is no reason to make an 800.

·
Registered
9,569 Posts
there is no point of the 750 since they changed the superbike rules back in, 03? 04?

But it still makes a good bike to own.

After the rule change kawi dumped the zx7r and honda eventually dumped the rc51 in 06.

unless there are some new rules coming out that we ( or I ) dont know about.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Maybe they just want to make a bike that they think there is a market for? Since they arent stuck with constraints of racing rules why not add some cc's? I doubt they would though, just playing devils advocate.

·
Premium Member
3,062 Posts
Guys...the rumor mill has been churning on this one since Suzuki entered MotoGP

The "proposed" GSXR800 was to have a V-four mill, not an i4

·
Registered
9,569 Posts
Guys...the rumor mill has been churning on this one since Suzuki entered MotoGP

The "proposed" GSXR800 was to have a V-four mill, not an i4
Wouldn't it be a GSVR then? Thats what the gp bike is.

·
Premium Member
3,062 Posts
Makes quite a difference to the bike. It wants to know what it will be called if it ever actually sees the light of day.
While I often entertain the idea that my SV is alive and has feelings and such, I also realize that if it WAS my baby it would live with whatever name I gave it.
I would not be cruel and name it something that it's peers could use in jest.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
arent some rules changed or going to be to decrease dis[lalcement from 1000 to 800 or something??? like 07 i remember hearing that the 800 in testing or theory puts down faster lap times.. i dont know, i dont follow the jive i watch the racing.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
The GSXR750 is the longest running sports bike model line. I'd wager that they won't be changing that to an 800 unless the other manufacturers start building 800s.

As an aside, I would expect Honda to be the first to release an 800, and part of their (marketing divisions) reasoning would be to force Suzuki into building an 800 and dropping the 750, thus taking away the whole longest running sports bike model from them.

·
Registered
749 Posts
The GSXR750 is the longest running sports bike model line. I'd wager that they won't be changing that to an 800 unless the other manufacturers start building 800s.

As an aside, I would expect Honda to be the first to release an 800, and part of their (marketing divisions) reasoning would be to force Suzuki into building an 800 and dropping the 750, thus taking away the whole longest running sports bike model from them.
Honda has the VFR 800. Wasn't the VFR 750 originally competition for the GSXR 750.

I could see it a move to 800 just like the VFR. Also BMW has a 800 and Ducati has the 848.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
The VFR800 is a sports tourer, not a sports bike. The RC30 (VFR750) was a HRC homologation build, not a regular production model like the GSXR750 has always been. To combat that, Suzuki built the GSXR750R. They're pretty rare, snap one up if you see one.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts