Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is some pics of my GSVR. The upper is from an 02' GSXR 600 Telefonica, and the lowers are from an 02' GSXR 600.

http://images.snapfish.com/3393;67523232fp46=ot>232:=769=964=XROQDF>23234799258<5ot1lsi

http://images.snapfish.com/3393;67523232fp46=ot>232:=769=964=XROQDF>23234799258<9ot1lsi

http://images.snapfish.com/3393;67523232fp46=ot>232:=769=964=XROQDF>23234799258<;ot1lsi

http://images.snapfish.com/3393;67523232fp46=ot>232:=769=964=XROQDF>23234799258<7ot1lsi

I might try to find time to do a complete write up... but I don't know when that will be as I am very busy with Trackdays down here. Take it easy guys.

·
Registered
4 Posts
sweet 8)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not Hatin' huh? j/k ;)

Here is the list of mods to the bike as in the picture, this started as an 01' standard (ca model):

- Racetech .90kg/mm springs
- Racetech Gold valve emulators, 4 clicks
- GSX-R Shock (soon to be revalved and resprung, wanna run a trackday on it first so that I can tell a difference)
- Stage 1 factory jet kit, 142.5 factory mains, stock pilots, 3rd clip
- Factory Pro 4 degree igniton advance
- K&N filter
- Tank lifted 1/2 inch
- SVS lower and upper triple clamp powder coated black
- CBR F2 clipons
- SVS rearsets
- 48 tooth Vortex rear sprocket

That is the list of mods you probably couldn't see from the pics. I don't like putting parts stickers all over my bike letting people know what I'm packing. I think I may put the racetech stickers on now though :twisted:

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
yep... I have had people say with fairings the GSXR and SV look kinda alike but that just prooves it :wink:

you should send me a nice big pic for the calendar :D
[email protected]

·
Registered
41 Posts
you point out that the upper is from a telefonica 600, is there any differeance from the telefonica and a regular upper?

X

·
0 Posts
Is that a naked model SV gauge cluster behind the fairing? Does it actually fit or did you hook it up to the fairing stay?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Like the full fairing, don't like the hugger (too big), where are the sliders? nice work.
I bought the hugger trying to deck out the back end with the undertray, but have grown to dislike it as it makes the rear end look too busy, that and it's cracking at the mounting points. The sliders are the little black things in the middle of the fairing they stick out maybe a quarter of an inch, kind of a bummer but they're not made to protect anything else but the frame.

yep... I have had people say with fairings the GSXR and SV look kinda alike but that just prooves it

you should send me a nice big pic for the calendar
When are you going to finish the calendar by?? Just wondering because I would like to take some pics of it in the mountains with a better background on Dec 21st

you point out that the upper is from a telefonica 600, is there any differeance from the telefonica and a regular upper?
OH, what kind of tail is that, i like!
There is no difference, telefonica upper, is just the same color as the blue SV's so no need to paint. The tail I ordered from 2 wheeljunkie i think FSD makes it.

Is that a naked model SV gauge cluster behind the fairing? Does it actually fit or did you hook it up to the fairing stay?
Yes it is a naked model gauge cluster. I had to take everything (chrome covers) off the back of it so that the wires are showing, and then construct about an inch long bracket for one side so that it will mount at the same points that the GSXR gauges mount on the headlight casing. The exposed wires are covered by electrical tape and then covered again with black duct tape for now until I come up with something else. Nobody ever notices that the whole wire harness (that was in the single headlight bucket) is cramed between the windscreen and the back of the gauges and covered by black duct tape.

J

·
0 Posts
01blueFLsv said:
paint scheme- those yellow stipes are whats different

·
Registered
32 Posts
pulling up from the dead but can you hit me in an email [email protected] I would like to pic your brain.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
mstingray said:
not that i'm hatin' or anything but stock suspension and just some gixxer bodywork and it's considered a GSVR (which AFAIK is what zook names their GP machine)?

Ignitor665's iteration of the GSVR is probably faster... :D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts