Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think about an 04 GS500F with 15k miles for $1500. It needs new tires, chain, sprocket, and he claims it needs a tune up (valve adjustment I'm guessing). Thinking about getting it for my bro as his first.

·
Premium Member
2,837 Posts
my first bike was a 93 gs500 and it was great to learn on, but the bike was too small for me. now I don't mean 500 small, I'm talking my knees went about 4" past the groove in the tank. the bars would hit my knees when I turned. I'm 6'2", so how big is the person your getting it for is my question?

·
Registered
54 Posts
What do you guys think about an 04 GS500F with 15k miles for $1500. It needs new tires, chain, sprocket, and he claims it needs a tune up (valve adjustment I'm guessing). Thinking about getting it for my bro as his first.
My first bike was a '95 GS500E that I picked up from a friend for $750 w/ 2000miles. That was in '05 I think. Anyways, I thought it was excellent for learning. Not too powerful, but had enough to keep me entertained. Most of the GS500Fs I have seen on Craigslist lately have been going for $2500+.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He's 5'8, I'm hesitant because of all the maintainence it needs. How much will it cost for the tune up, chain and sprocket?

·
site supporter
6,095 Posts
The "F" has bodywork. Not always a smart idea for a new rider. But the right hand is relatively benevolent and parts are generally in pretty good supply.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I plan on taking off the fairings, hell I might even keep the bike as a commuter. I'm also looking into a GZ250 for $1,000.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts