Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had about 30 guys show up for a group ride here in Saskatoon yesterday.  We went for lunch then a ride around the city, got some gas and then headed out to "the road".  There was only MitchC and I on SV's, but a good time was had by all.

Some of the action:

I don't stunt, but I let my buddy take my SV out for a bit.

and a vid. 

http://media.putfile.com/MOL027

He said he was in second at about 5 or 6 thousand RPM and didn't use the clutch at all.  He made it look pretty easy, and when he came back in he had a huge grin on his face.  (He rides an '04 R1).

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thejimdaddy said:
looks good, you might want to put on a flame retardent suit ;D
Yeah, I am not suggesting that stunting is good or legal or anything, and I have suggested that he should were gear when he rides, but I'm not going to try to tell my friends what to do.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hope that engine knock isnt too loud. lol :D :p

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Forks

Jiff84 said:
Ouch your poor stock forks coming down from that height. Poor little guys. :'(
I think the trick is... he doesn't just apply the back brake to bring the front down. ::)
He was really smooth.

K

·
0 Posts
Great pics!!!

Looks like you guys had a total blast. Your buddy is rockin that SV pretty high, very nice standups on that. What gear was he in? Speed?

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Although I'm not much for stunting...those pics do look good. Especially your SV, cause how often do you see that big ass stock headlight sticking almost straight up? First time I've seen it. I'll just pray that you dont have an issues from having the bike up that high for too long.

I'll admit though...I wish I could do that.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kaxter said:
Great pics!!!

Looks like you guys had a total blast. Your buddy is rockin that SV pretty high, very nice standups on that. What gear was he in? Speed?
He was doing them in second, and he said that he was bouncing it at about 5 or 6 thousand RPM. I have stock gearing, but I'm not positive off hand how fast that is. Probably about 80km/h.

K

·
0 Posts
I am bouncing mine at 4k, I will try 5-6k tomarrow, he looks more comfortable on them than I do on my SV. My R6 I can ride a wheeelie for damn near half a mile, but the SV I can only keep up for a few blocks, its pissing me off really bad.

Thanks man.:)

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
I'm sure it's easy as crap to bring up the wheel in second gear when you're standing on the rear pegs. That's not say what he did was any less cool, but it's obvious that he's standing on them and you can imagine the weight transfer has a HUGE effect. Standing up alone make a major difference compared to sitting down.

Where is Saskatoon?

Josh

·
Registered
76 Posts
I never thought I'd want a Road King until I saw how straight those roads were...are there any curves up there?

EDIT: Saw the video too...love your oiling system and hope it loves your bottom end :-[

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I checked out the speed and it works out to bouncing up at around 55km/h and then holding the balance point at about 75km/h.

With all the concern from people about oil starvation, it made me wonder about how quickly it becomes a factor. Does damage occur as quickly as within 5 or 6 seconds? I've seen some vids of guys going a lot longer than that, many times in a row on SV's.

How long can a second gen SV run at 8000rpm at 12 o'clock?

K

·
0 Posts
I've had my 03 SV up for at least 10 seconds multiple times per day for the past 3 weeks, its fine. A buddy of mine rocks slow wheelies on an SV for about 20 seconds and he has been doing it for aaaaaages. There is a starvation issue, but as long as you dont ride mile long wheelies your bike will be fine. He beats the piiiiiiis out of his.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ancosta said:
I never thought I'd want a Road King until I saw how straight those roads were...are there any curves up there?
Not really. There are a couple of curves but they are spread out around this part of the province. It's roads like that that make for a different kind of riding. Guys in BC are spending money on suspension mods and wearing the sides off of their tires before the center, while guys around here are doing stuff like putting nitrous on an '04 ZX10.

I don't know the guy well, but apparently he likes to go fast in a straight line...

·
Registered
622 Posts
Evan said:
We had about 30 guys show up for a group ride here in Saskatoon yesterday.  We went for lunch then a ride around the city, got some gas and then headed out to "the road".  There was only MitchC and I on SV's, but a good time was had by all.
There are 30guys in Saskatoon? who knew?  ;D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts