Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Group Buy May 2011 - SVN-GSXR Custom Triple Clamp

REF Original Thread: http://forum.svrider.com/showthread.php?p=2281079#post2281079

This triple is compatible with GSXR front ends that have a 30mm fork offset & 28mm stem diameter. This covers GSXR 600/750s from 2006 to 2009. It can also be made for the 2004/2005 front end easily.
It includes all the fixing points for the Gen2 SV650 gauges and ignition switch with full steering lock functionality.
It can be used with GSXR style clip-ons and SV handle bar risers. Please state if you don't want the handle bar riser holes drilled through.

If you want a different triple offset or stem diameter like different front ends the price does go up because of the set-up charges at the machine shop.

I've sold 15 of this version so far with very good feedback.

UPDATE 6/02/11: Triples should be ready for shipping around the 9th June. I will have 5 extras available fro sale at that time.

1: DMNYC - PAID.
2: Dave (Rolling2wheels) -PAID.
3: BoostinChick - PAID.
4: Volke44 - PAID.
5. Lonnie - PAID.

Look how the price goes down as the quantities rise:

1-2 $369 ea
3-4 $279 ea
5-6 $219 ea
7-8 $196 ea
9+ $181 ea

So if you're interested, take a look at my site and PM me. [email protected]

http://sites.google.com/site/s1sv650...xr-conversions

Please include the following information:

Bike year.
Bike version (S or N).
Front end you're using.
Triple color wanted, black or silver.

I can customize and change the triples to your requirements but it may invalidate the group buy.

Check out my growing iTrader score for feedback.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Please put me down as interested for one of these custom triples.

Bike year: 2006
Bike version (S or N): Naked
Front end you're using: 2008 GSXR 600
Triple color wanted, black or silver: Black

I would like for this to fit the OEM cowling/windscreen if that's possible and sticking with clip-ons. Would most likely have to mount the instrument cluster in the center in order to achieve this. Probably something like post#3 is what I am looking for.
Still this! Also, am I able to have both? The holes drilled for the risers and the guides for clip-ons on the bottom of the triple clamp? Would be a neat option to be able to switch between clip-ons and the SV risers.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Still this! Also, am I able to have both? The holes drilled for the risers and the guides for clip-ons on the bottom of the triple clamp? Would be a neat option to be able to switch between clip-ons and the SV risers.
The triple has both riser and clip-on locators as stock.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Received mine today, very solid pieces. Here are a few pics. Plan to mount it this weekend, but a definite improve in thickness over the stock GSXR triple.

Packaging was very professional, the triple showed up at my door step without a knick/scratch on it.

Different views

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have 5 triples available for 06-09 GSXR 600/750 front ends.

PM me for details.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have supplied Gen1 triples but as you can imagine the're not in the same demand as Gen2.

I can make any triple but as you probalby know, the lower the quantitiy the more expensive they are to machine. A single triple will run around $350, if I get ten they come down to around $180 each.

The price starts to go down as you reach three triples as you can see in the first post in this thread.

The ignition switch is in the center as you say.

·
Registered
760 Posts
So mad I missed this, I would definatly have gone for one of these :( dont suppose you have any for an 04 naked with a 05 gsxr 600/750 front end do you?

Will PM as well.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So mad I missed this, I would definatly have gone for one of these :( dont suppose you have any for an 04 naked with a 05 gsxr 600/750 front end do you?

Will PM as well.
This attempt at a group buy was for Gen1 SV's. However I have PM'ed you regarding your Gen2 project.

thanks

·
Registered
268 Posts
Got a couple questions, if you don't mind.

1: any chance of a gen 2 group buy? Im interested, but of course my funding isn't ready so I don't want to ask for one and not participate in it. Perhaps in a few months? If a group buy were to happen, would some of the order being naked and the rest being sport change the group buy price?

2: This mod allows me to keep my stock guages, handlebars (dunno if I want clipons just yet, maybe someday) key lock and over all look of the stock triple, while replacing the stock forks with gsxr forks?

I don't really want "gsxr" on my triple, and would like the option of keeping my my handle bars instead of having to switch to clip ons, plus a place for my guages. So this is a pretty good alternative.

3: Doesn't really apply to the triple, but with this could I use my stock tire and other tire stuff (lol) with the gsxr forks? gjscott, it looked like in the links you posted that your gen 1 had gsxr forks and stock tires. Is that true?

4: In your links, I think you mentioned other "custom" work done to the triple. Would it be possible to cut into the top of the triple so I could drop in an emblem, like the Suzuki emblem on the stock triple? Specifically, I want to put an Autobots emblem into the triple. I know, immature. But something like this, 1.25" version
http://www.chromecarletters.com/transformers_badges.html
And, would it change the price?

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OK, I'm getting some interest for a new Gen2 triple group buy. I'll start a thread in the next couple of days and let's see how much interest we can get.

Forget that, this is the thread ! Let me put a list together in the next day.

I can include small mods but they may affect the price. Not much, if anything I would expect.
I'll talk to the machinist about it.
My Gen1 & Gen2 have GSXR front wheels but the SV tire may be the same size, I can't remember ?

Can you guys please PM me at scott9861 at gmail.com with you details ?

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Gen 1 & 2 Custom triples available now !

1 - 20 of 29 Posts