Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I'm trying to get a "Group Buy" together for a black triple clamp.
Graeme needs around 8-10 people to be 'in' in order for him to produce these beauties.

I'm on a 2008 naked and want to swap out the stock silver triple clamp for a black one.

Anyone else interested?

·
Registered
991 Posts

This triple is compatible with GSXR front ends that have a 30mm fork offset & 28mm stem diameter. This covers GSXR 600/750s from 2006 to 2009. It can also be made for the 2004/2005 front end easily.
It includes all the fixing points for the Gen2 SV650 gauges and ignition switch with full steering lock functionality.
It can be used with GSXR style clip-ons and SV handle bar risers. Please state if you don't want the handle bar riser holes drilled through.

If you want a different triple offset or stem diameter like different front ends the price does go up because of the set-up charges at the machine shop.

I've sold 15 of this version so far with very good feedback.

UPDATE 5/5/11: I currently have 2 interested, 4 verbally committed. If we get 6 commits I'll personally make it up to 10 making the price $181 each.

1: DMNYC - Not confirmed
2: Dave (Rolling2wheels) -Confirmed to buy
3: BoostinChick - Confirmed to buy.
4: Volke44 - Not confirmed
5: Oblisk - Confirmed to buy.
6. Lonnie - Confirmed to buy.

Kurt K - Dropped out - has an incompatible front end.

Look how the price goes down as the quantities rise:

1-2 $369 ea
3-4 $279 ea
5-6 $219 ea
7-8 $196 ea
9+ $181 ea

So if you're interested, take a look at my site and PM me. [email protected]

http://sites.google.com/site/s1sv650...xr-conversions

Please include the following information:

Bike year.
Bike version (S or N).
Front end you're using.
Triple color wanted, black or silver.

I can customize and change the triples to your requirements but it may invalidate the group buy.

Check out my growing iTrader score for feedback.

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
I'm on a 2008 naked and want to swap out the stock silver triple clamp for a black one.
If you're referring to gjscott, who posted above, he's referring to triple clamps for SV's with GSXR fork swaps.... That isn't going to work for you.

Why not just remove the top triple and have it painted or powdercoated black? Getting it powdercoated shouldn't cost more than $40 (from an expensive shop).

·
Registered
991 Posts
If you're referring to gjscott, who posted above, he's referring to triple clamps for SV's with GSXR fork swaps.... That isn't going to work for you.

Why not just remove the top triple and have it painted or powdercoated black? Getting it powdercoated shouldn't cost more than $40 (from an expensive shop).
He is doing a GSXR swap.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Vaguest OP evar. I wanted one of these triples, but cant afford them even at the 170 :(

The gauge mounting dilemma is rather annoying with the GSXR swap.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Please put me down as interested for one of these custom triples.

Bike year: 2006
Bike version (S or N): Naked
Front end you're using: 2008 GSXR 600
Triple color wanted, black or silver: Black

I would like for this to fit the OEM cowling/windscreen if that's possible and sticking with clip-ons. Would most likely have to mount the instrument cluster in the center in order to achieve this. Probably something like post#3 is what I am looking for.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I've got one other person inquiring, so fingers crossed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Please count me in !
Bike year. 05
Bike version (S or N). (S)
Front end you're using.(GSXR600 750 (06-09)
Triple color wanted, black or silver. (Silver)
Will need all accessory holes
(No holes for handle bars)

·
Registered
300 Posts
Please count me in !
Bike year. 05
Bike version (S or N). (S)
Front end you're using.(GSXR600 750 (06-09)
Triple color wanted, black or silver. (Silver)
Will need all accessory holes
(No holes for handle bars)
I have made a new thread with a better title to hopefully attract more interest:

http://forum.svrider.com/showthread.php?p=2281055#post2281055
There is another thread that is more the "official" group buy. Please make sure to post the information there as well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts