Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 2017 SV 650. In my town sometimes I can't get a parking spot so the next best thing is getting the bike up the sidewalk and leaving it where it doesn't upset a pedestrian. With my previous bike (yamaha TW) she would eat potholes and sidewalks for breakfast. But with the Sv650 I'm really scared of hitting my oil filter or headers on the sidewalk curb. I'm thinking about skid plates but it would lower my clearance instead of improving it... no damage to the engine/headers but still wouldn't improve the height.

So my question is, how can give a higher ground clearance to the bike?
would it harm the handling?

any input would be more than welcome.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Well, I lifted the rear of mine. Very simple, just replaced the rear links for 2 ones 5mm smaller than stock. This lifted about 3,5 cm of the seat height. Now it does not hit any bumpers anymore. In the front, you can manufacture longer fork caps and slide up the clamps, or just slide up 5mm withoout replacing anything.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks or the fast reply marcc

Sound like a good starting point. And pretty cheap too. Will try the front first. I am afraid of changing something that compromises handling.

Thanks
Obrigado.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Handling was improved by lifting the rear. If you lift front only, depending on your riding, if you're an aggressive rider, maybe it will get worse. If you ride safely and responsibly, than maybe you won't feel any bad rsrsrs

Boa sorte

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ride a bit aggressive on the weekends, I go to the mountain and ride some twisties and responsibly during the week .... I will rise both then... I really need it to go over curbs (calçadas). Other then this I am loving the bike.

Thank you
Estamos juntos irmão.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts