Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the riding season's all but wrapped up for this year so its time to start thinking about the next one.

To me that means considering how Ill be rebuilding the '05 650 I just picked up that needs a few...character adjustments. Right now it wont turn left. Actually it wont even go straight because the forks look like the Spoon from the Matrix. and there isnt a square inch of salvageable and a nice dent in the tank that I have to highlight somehow. But it runs!

With that in mind I bid hello to the members and admin crowd. Cheers.

·
Registered
5,871 Posts
Welcome to the assylum. Sounds like you have quite a project ahead of you. Are your plans to just return her to runable, or is there something great in the works??

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Although Im not a machinist by trade but a structural engineer by profession I still very much appreciate quality craftsmanship and bulletproof engineering. TO this end, the bike will forego most aesthetic treatments; I will add only the minimum accessories to be roadworthy (mirrors, lights, etc.).

The failed/untrustworthy parts of the bike will be replaced with their more robust cousins:

-bent forks will be exchanged for the typical GSXR front end which I will rework will springs and valves
-broken rearsets will be replaced with the adjustable cnc version. (my 35" inseam in influential here)
-clipons will be low and aggressive to facilitate lack of bodywork and good body position
-considering a GSXR rear wheel for the extra rubber sirloin

Ill post a pic as soon as I take one. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts